The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The Texas Mile, Beeville Texas Oct 25-27(thinking of contending)

theevozero

I've been going to and watching this event for a few years now and everytime I get a taste, I want more. I am seriously considering signing up to run my Galant in March along with a buddy of mine in his Evo 8 MR.

This particular event, I won't be competing in, but my company (Sewell Cadillac Dallas) will be there racing with the V-club all weekend and sponsoring the event. So, I might be attending as technical help in the pits. But come March, I won't be helping the V-club. I hope to be at least matching some MPH against them. If there are any other dsm/gvr4/mitsu guys out there, stop by and say hello.

As for my car, I will probably be lightened a tad(temporarily removing stuff), mounting a fire extinguisher and possibly a roll bar. Depending on what my car runs, I may need more safety items. I am however worried about revving my stroker out for an extended period of time. I'm hoping someone has done this in a Galant and might have some tips for me.....

click

GSX_TC

I'll be there, driving a little over 3 hours in the VR4 to go. Gonna try to drag along a few friends from Houston too, but it's hard go get dudes to drive even for an hour. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

theevozero

Not if they're die hards. I know you are, you seem to be at every even known to Texas. I'm driving 7 hours just to watch and "help". Look for a bunch of CTS-V's and the smell of douche bag. Unfortunatly, that's where I'll be. Come say hi, maybe we can hang.

theevozero

Post a picture! Maybe I've seen you out there. I've been out there with Project Snow White, twice. He eventually ran 197mph in his 1g.

theevozero

I don't believe I've seen it. What did you run?

biglady112

170's. The car was always there for testing. It never was leaned on too hard. Every time it came there it was at waste gate pressure. The car has done just under 220mph at Bonneville.

GSX_TC

You'll see me taking lots of pics, but if I see you in or near your car I'll come say what's up. Can't wait to see kozmic run the EVO.

theevozero

I won't be running my car this time. It doesn't have engine in it right now.

GSX_TC

Ahh man, looks like I'll be the lone VR4 yet again then =(

Why doesnt it have a motor? I thought it was running great.

theevozero

It was. I'm installing the 2.3 from my old Talon and a few other things to take care of heat(fans, duct work, vents, ceramic coating, etc). While I'm in there, I'm fabbing a intake, crank case ventalation, new piping and some paint work. I've been working on it everyday after work. Hoping to have it done by March. Keeping my original engine on the back burner for a rainy day.

GSX_TC

Thats good news. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned