The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

424 of 1k Build

jmorri15

So I am most of the way thru redoing everything on my galant, so far heres whats done
Jacks 2.3HD trans, i blew up 4th gear driving to the gf's so last winter i had jack put together the trans for me.
Walbro 255 fuel pump
HKS SSQV BOV
HKS EVC
HKS VPC with GCC and Keydiver chip, all these 3 are getting pulled out and replaced by DSM Link V3lite
Starion FMIC, getting replaced with a much larger core
RC 550 Injectors, getting replaced with FIC 850's
Greddy 18g that is now a 20g after the rebuild
4 bolt rear that is getting put into the 3 bolt housing so i can keep Four Wheel Steering
Link to Pictures
the engine is at the machine shop and im going 2.3L
im sure im forgetting something but ill try and keep ya'll updated.

jmorri15

as far as the fmic goes i was looking for a way to mount it that i would be able to pull it off and replace it quickly if need be. so i got some predrilled angle iron and figured out a mounting way that seems to be really solid. Once i get the block back my friend and i are towing it over to Mandel Bending Solutions to make some custom ic piping for the car.

Terry Posten

So that is my nearest brother.

jmorri15

lol. yeah i like having a one of one thousand not one of two thousand.

jmorri15

update. So the engine is mostly back in im finishing it up tonight, heres some pics
Photos

Last edited:

jmorri15

well i guess i should update this.
last time i put everything together i ran into several problems.
1)bad gas, it had been sitting for a year at that point so the gas was shot
2)the MAP sensor and the IAT sensor wouldnt talk to the ecu
3)there was a bad valve on the head i got from one of my friends so the compression in the 4th cyl was like 50% lower then the other three

well 1 and 2 are fixed and the head should be back from the shop this week.

my current project is deleting 4ws and installing the 4bolt rear. I got a turbo dsm steering rack so i dont have to plug any of the lines. i want to have the car running by next weekend for the car show that i posted. however looks like i wont be moving as fast as i originally thought. i have a broken rib and doin the 4ws delete may not happen till i stop feeling that grinding. if anyone feels like working on a 20year old extremely rare car you are more then welcomed. i can pay with beer and pizza. lol

jmorri15

Well its running. I couldnt figure out why it wouldnt start with the 850s but when i threw the 550s back in it fired right up. now my only problems are
1)No intercooler piping, gotta go get that made.
2) The car will get up to temperature but it doesn't seem to be able to bring itself back down. fans are both cutting on but the temp wont drop. as you can see from the logs it'll stay right at 229 but thats way hot. any suggestions?
Log 1
Log 2

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned