The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JSB Upgrade Guidance

Chad989of2000

So now that I'm an officially JSB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif due to having to pull the exhaust and intake manifolds for freeze/core plug replacing, what else should I focus on? Got me a list of stuff I want to do, anymore ideas would be great in taking advantage of this wonderful opportunity to join the JSB Community.

Some JSB Plans:
-Swap out for rebuilt transmission
-New ACT 2600 clutch
-New Flywheel/Re-do original
-ARP head studs
-Gates timing belt
-All new belts
-Full AC removal
-Hot Tank Intake Mani (looks like chimney)
-Head Gasket
-Steering Rack, covert to non-4WS
-Install Slim rad fan

Anything else I should do (on a budget of course) or advice on how I should do the things I've already listed. You can never get away from JSB.

boostedinaz

My usual advice is clean, clean, clean, then clean again.

Maybe do a non abs conversion since it will be a bit easier to get to the proportioning valve with the lines out. Replace worn out CV boots.

That's all I got. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

dmj

Why remove the ac? If you ever decide to sell the car no ac will certainly hurt it's value.

Chad989of2000

Quoting dmj:
Why remove the ac? If you ever decide to sell the car no ac will certainly hurt it's value.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Sell this car....

boostedinaz

^^^^

That's what everyone says, yet look how many people here still have a GVR4.

IMO, unless it is a true racecar getting rid the A/C in a bad decision.

Chad989of2000

Got into the "Galant scene" in '04 and have owned many daily's since then...Galant's remain a constant. But yeah I see why people get out of them.

-Back to it...
Gonna clean up the engine bay big time...neaten up wires, repaint..etc.

curtis

10 gallons of gas and a match. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif JSB will take over your life and shop.............run now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

RedTwo

Take a photo of your car before the car leaves ground level. You wont see it like that again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Chad989of2000

Already on jack stands...gonna have to photoshop some wheels on it with a nice mountain road backdrop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned