The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

925's new JDM lights and grille

BPU925

just got these a few days ago...was missing my corner lights which came in today...i wasted no time to throw it all on....wiring was simple and install was very easy...i think theres still a complete set on ebay left....

jnava

Staff member
That's what so great about these cars. You can change them any way you want. 925 looks great and its his decision to do what he likes, even if it's not your cup of tea. So quit trolling on peoples threads. Bpu, nice ride, are those from the guy in Malaysia?

beaner

Reminds me of stock 1gb headlights/corners. The corners are brighter. I opened mine up with a heat gun and smoked out the chrome backing, matches much better now.

BPU925

Yes they are the ones from malaysia.....I think they look nice....don't know wat doesn't match?....I love the lil flare on the corner lights....never knew it had that till I saw it up close....lol

pmp285

those HL and grill are oem here in the philippines... usdm HL are rare here... and cost as much as $200 if you can find one that is

jnava

Staff member
Lol, ill trade your HL for my usdm headlights, even trade...

BPU925

^^^^....sounds like a great deal...lol

Doing the exact same setup. Just blacking out the chrome in the lights and corners as well. probably also going to heat up my JDM fogs and black the chrome out on thoes as well. Looking good though man!

Jesse

evo8ya

Looks great man. Idk what dude was talkin about "they don't match". The jdm corners actually match the bumper turn signals better than the usdm corner lights IMO. Keep it up

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
I had a similar situation with a person I thought was my friend. I had bought a brand new 2002 Xterra 4x4 Supercharged 5speed, the first thing he said was, "Your going to roll over and die with that thing". C'mon, I was happy to buy this vehicle and he came along with his "opinion" and was being a dick. That's why I haven't spoken to him in....9 years, for simply being a dick at an inappropriate time. Let the poor guy be happy with his stuff. If you don't get it or don't want too, then why let him know?

jnava

Staff member
Your right, anyone can post a negative comment. Sometimes it's deserved, but I don't think this guy deserves to be dicked with when all he is doing is showing his new toys. I ultimately don't know who you are and what you represent but for pete's sake , he's a newb like me and my thought of this site is to encourage uniqueness within our community and help others if we can. I don't want to discourage those who want valid and helpful information from this site. Maybe my perspective of this site is incorrect. Maybe this site is about only letting in those who conform to specific standards of a few. I don't know, but I do know when I get insulted. BPU your lights are great. I want a pair. I can't afford it and I expect the same comment FAV. At least be consistent and it will be interesting then again. BPU is shipping really that high or is it reasonable?

BPU925

I don't mind the feedback at all...just wanted to show everyone the new look....thanks for the compliments guys...

BPU925

No sweat man u didn't offend me in anyway....I was just wondering wat didn't match?.....I've been on boards long enough to know how it works on here......so yea.....nothing that's happened here has offended me...

EgonOlsen

you really should get some chrome(orange) bulbs in those corkers though and take the orange glass out.
looks much better when you dont have the orange tint inside the corners /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fuel

I think perhaps it's just the angle of the shot which really makes the 'mis-match' of the levels of clearness stick out. Usually it's not so bad in person. I do think the glass on the headlamps looks a bit tinted or even stained, I found mine came up amazing when I stuck them in the oven, pulled them apart and cleaned them up, I also painted the grey surrounds high temp matt black also. I did this on one of my old Galants, I must get around to doing it on my VR-4.

turbowop

All the n00bs in this thread need to knock the bickering the f*** off. Jesus H. It's some headlights and corner lights. Big whoop.

Romanova

Looks good, you can come wire up my JDMs since you're local. LOL

AnotherNewb

Quoting turbowop:
All the n00bs in this thread need to knock the bickering the f*** off. Jesus H. It's some headlights and corner lights. Big whoop.

^this... before papa hertz imposes more rule changes.

Looks good op.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts