The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Junkyard tour

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Yesterday I went to get a tailgate for my Grand Caravan to replace my rusty one. The new owner let me wander around (he was also impressed by the VR4 on a previous visit-had never seen one) and I found two 6g Galants. Pretty stripped and mostly destroyed interiors. Looked like a good hood or two, but didn't check for the normal rust spot.

Also one had tails like the '92s but no letters at all in the right side center lens. There was a good silver wingless trunk too on that same car.

donkeylips

I happened upon a junkyard that I'd never seen before so I went it asking if I could take a look around(it's basically a poorly run you-pull it) and they had a '90 base model galant. What a score; the interior was mint even though it had been sitting there for years. No one had opened the doors or ever even touched the thing. It had the under-dash, glovebox, and all of the manual seatbelt stuff in the right color not to mention '89 style tail lights and a trunk with a factory spoiler that I've never really seen talked about. It had the 3rd brake light of a car with no spoiler, and kind of looks like our vr4 one but thinner and with 2 posts that are closer to center. I'm going to scour all of the other yards in the area in search of more '90s. I know there's a yard here that has at least a couple of '92s. Since I'm also close to Canada, we have a lot of Canadian cars in our yards. I'm assuming it's like the 1g dsm in that the Canadian cars don't have auto seat belts.

donkeylips

Well the whole trunk is sitting behind my parent's shed now, so I'll snap pics when I go there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned