The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

battery relocation (under hood)

dsm10o0

I did my battery relocation today using the stock battery carrier. My filter is now on front of the battery and not sucking up hot air from the engine anymore. I was going to put it on the back but decided no to so i placed it right where the 1g batteries stay. Drilled 1 hole on the tray so it could bolt up the the stock air can bracket and the other side, it sits on the AC line but will be removing it and make a bracket for it to bolt on to since the ac dont work anyways...

What you guys think?

photo-100.jpg

AnotherNewb

Hrrmmmm never seen the stock snorkle twisted like that. I guess there is more than one way to cook a cat.

Chicago1

What did you have to take out? I still have cruise and a mess of other things in there but want to keep everything intact.

pmp285

as per the picture... i believe he already took out the cruise controller... i dont think the batt would fit in the same location if the cruise is still there

Chicago1

I knew he took it out I was wondering what else he took out. I forgot what else is there but even if I took out my cruise it still would be a no go(I think). It's been a bit since I looked under the hood except to check the oil. I guess that's a good thing though.

alansupra94

Mine came from the previous owner that way. I will be taking it out and giving it to nickbuilt soon but before I do, I will take pictures and dimension it so you guys can make one if you want.

dsm10o0

The other thing I took out was the windshield washer reservoir and I'll be putting in a 1g one or relocating the stock one to the firewall.

Tre3zy

Why not just relocate it to the trunk?

alansupra94

^^^^^^^^

Because thats not hard or time consuming at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Brunoboy

LMFAO Route Winshield wiper hoses from the trunk to the engine bay? I would just get rid of it by then ahaha. Relocating the battery was already time consuming.

dsm10o0

I'd put it in the trunk but I have 2 10' subs, baby stroller, toolbox, and lots of other things lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Tre3zy

^hahahaha!!!!

fastfalcon94

previous owner of my galant had it in the trunk and I didnt like it. Its more weight with a longer cable, and you run the risk of a short. For all my dsms I remove the charcoal crap and set the battery on the front subframe. Its out of the way and has a lower center of gravity now. You have to eliminate aws to do this in a galant.

edit found a pic of my old dsm

1baddsm19.JPG

Last edited:

belize1334

If your ABS is gone you can relocate the Washer bottle to the front drivers fender well. I had mine that way for a while. You will get a pressure drop with that much line so the washer is a little less effective.

dsm10o0

I had my 2g set up just like that. Sitting on the subframe. I would do it on this car but i dont want to remove my emissions for smog. Such a pain to pass.

P0004250.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned