The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Magnus introducing the ultimate cast intake manifold.

Lonewolf64

click

Apparently it is based off his new record-breaking evo cast intake manifold. I may be a little confused but it seems like Magnus is advertising faster spool than a stock manifold as well as more power everywhere, especially top end. Am I reading this right??

Last edited:

bigblock4g63

here is some pic of the manifold, this manifold is a prototype and the finished product will look like what you see on the MAGNUS website...

before pics

Last edited:

bigblock4g63

notice the "a" had some bad casting...i later removed the casting in between see the atfer pics.

....REMEMBER THIS WAS A INTAKE THAT MAGNUS USED TO TEST AND I BUGGED HIM TO SELL IT TO ME. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE PERFORMANCE FROM THE INTAKE...THE FINISHED PRODUCT LOOKS BETTER

Last edited:

bigblock4g63

bigblock4g63

after pics...more pics coming battery die

prove_it

Looks like a pretty bad a** manifold. I'd like to see some other independent testing to tell whether or not it's will perform like Magnus says. They've built some great manifolds in the past, so I'd expect to see this continue that line.

Nartanian

How does it compare to Magnus SMIM?

bigblock4g63

that is what i have done...and will post when i am done testing.

magnus v3 VS stock
VS ported stock - ported by morales racing
VS hone stock
VS old V1
VS BR
Vs BJ's
vs hogans og intake

waiting on the hogans "newer design" to get here so i can test it.... "but there is catch" after the first set of testing i ported the inlet and cleaned up the runners to remove the casting marks and bumps. i also machined the magnus adapter out to match morales racing 70mm gasket and had the intake powder coated black

VS hogans

the older design f***ing sucks big time

Last edited:

bigblock4g63

Quoting Nartanian:
How does it compare to Magnus SMIM?

i only tested the V1 and it was night and day for my set up

bigblock4g63

on the left is the stock magnus adapter and on the right is the magnus adapter i machined out

left is the magnus adapter gasket and right is the morales racing gasket.

at the time i didnt have the magnus gasket so i used the morales racing gasket

Last edited:

A friend of mine was telling me about this new mani the other day. Do want.

Seeing as how that one you have is the prototype is it safe to assume that the inside of the finished consumer product will be cleaner? It looks pretty rough from the casting. Not that extrude honing it wouldn't smooth it out.

bigblock4g63

yes i will....i have ask marco about it. also rememeber even other company intake manifolds have some bad casting marks

Last edited:

1qkfwd

I'd be interested in seeing the results. I'm sure it compares to the jmf drag. It blows the magnus smim away. There's been guys that's gained switching over to a jmf after cracking a magnus. Marco does claim it will out perform any smim. We will see.

bigblock4g63

that is another intake i would like to try out...but as all the money comes out of my pocket alone for dyno time and manifolds. its alittle hard to buy that manifold right now. i will say that JMF race intake made more then the BR /BJ's/V1 when i tested it 2 years ago

Last edited:

bigblock4g63

grgrgrgrgr-1.jpg

boostx

I wonder how does it compare to the hks kansai intake manifold. They both look bad ass

mikus

Their $41 t-shirt is a bit rich for my blood so the mani isn't going to happen, but yea it's a damn sexy cupholder.

Can't wait to see the 'manifold shootout redux' data

bigblock4g63

the hogans newer design manifold come in, so now i have the newer intake and there older design to go against the magnus V3

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts