The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The rebuild of 808/2000

So I recently picked up 808 through a trade for my gixxer 600. I fought with the car for the last few days. The wiring was a complete mess. I have thought of giving up already lol. I didnt know if I had the patience to deal with the wiring. After tonight, I have forced myself to keep it. I just got finished ripping out the whole engine harness, as well as the chassis/fusebox harness. I am picking up both harnesses from a member here(mountaineerjeff). Before the harnesses go in, the bay will be prepped for paint though. Summit white it will go, like it was originally. I will get some pics of what I have so far, once my camera battery charges up!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Welcome man. Don't give up so fast! I'm just up the road in Bloomington in case you need anything. You have to aim to have it ready if there is a factory MOD this year.

They can be a struggle.

Here is what I have gotten to so far. I have been pulling parts off of it to sell, so I can have a little bit of a budget to start with lol.
DSC03676.jpg

DSC03672.jpg

Harnesses ripped out.
DSC03696.jpg

DSC03697.jpg

What a mess under the dash.
DSC03693.jpg

Thats better!
DSC03694.jpg

DSC03695.jpg

dustyduff

Welcome to the board Anthony!!!

Is this a budget build or will it be comparable to your 1g? What color do you plan on painting it?

Thanks man. This is more of a budget build I am hoping. If I could sell my evo9, I would go all out like I did on the 1g. We'll see what happens. I dont wanna give up my evo just yet lol. So for now, its a budget build. For paint, I will most likely paint it summit white. Keep it original. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Isn't this Chris's old car? Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression it was almost drivable upon sale. Or are you just redoing it all for the sake of redoing it all?

It is Chris' old car. The car could have been driven once I got it, with a turbo, intake and injectors installed. After looking it over, I almost parted it out. Then I decided to stick with it. For me to be happy with it, all the wiring messes had to be removed, so I can start all over with it.

Oh ok, well *if* you part it.... I want that motor, seriously. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But that is a nice car to build up there, don't let it get to ya.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quoting Red_Bird:
Oh ok, well *if* you part it.... I want that motor, seriously. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But that is a nice car to build up there, don't let it get to ya.

Thats still a possibility. I go in phases. One day, i wanna keep it, the next, I hate the car and dont have any patience for it. LOL

Thats how I was. Keeping at it paid off. I smoked some guy in a new camaro the other night and huge was jumping out of his seat to give me a thumbs up. I bet he was wondering what the hell kind of car was that that just laid waste to his modern "muscle car". The sound of the turbo, wastegate, bov, exhuast and the look on peoples faces when they get beat by some old boxy 4 door made it worth keeping at it.

Also, whats nice about your new car is that the chassis looks rust free and accident free so thats a huge plus.

^^^+1 Very nice starting place. Already some very nice work done. keep it up and us updated.

Jesse

Once of my problems is, I have an evo too. So that keeps me boost happy. lol I will try to keep on this project. I was relying on selling some of the parts on the car to get started. Not much has sold to get me going yet, unfortunately.

alansupra94

Should call this car 808s and heartbreaks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dsmlink forums, dsmtuners. I cant post in the classifieds here yet lol. Ive sold the top mount t3 manifold, o2 housing and the tial 50mm bov. I still have a tial 44mm wg with dumptube, maft with gm maf, plx wideband and quartermasters twin plate clutch.

lol, im making a bit of progress now. The engine bay is almost done. I am stripping it completely down to bare metal. Then gonna re shoot epoxy primer, sealer, summit white, then 3 layers of the shiny stuff! I got everything coming for the motor from extremepsi. Went a little further than I was originally wanting to. Ordering all new bolts and gaskets for the motor.

Ill have some pics soon!

bustedsm

Good stuff, what new gaskets did you have to order for it?

Any news on the title yet?

I completely tore the block down. I wanted to repaint the block and get rid of the rusty look lol. This is my order from extremepsi, should be here tomorrow. I am making a trip to the junkyard sat to pick up some stuff.

MIT-MD149370 OEM Oil Filter Bracket Gasket: Mitsubishi Eclipse 6 Bolt
MIT-MD149393 OEM Oil Pump Front Cover Gasket : Mitsubishi Eclipse 6 Bolt
MIT-MD183240 OEM Oil Strainer Gasket: Mitsubishi Eclipse 90-99
MIT-MD146399 OEM Throttle Body to Intake Manifold Gasket : Mitsubishi Eclipse 90-99
MIT-MD194827 OEM Throttle Body to Throttle Body Elbow Gasket : Mitsubishi Eclipse
MIT-MD124782 Oil Dipstick Tube: Mitsubishi Eclipse 90-94
MIT-MD308586 OEM Timing Belt Tensioner Adjuster
PSI-1GCLUTCHLINE Extreme PSI Complete Clutch Line
IT-MD095656 OEM Bell Housing Flywheel Cover : Mitsubishi Eclipse 90-92 (6 Bolt)
MIT-MD030141 OEM Cylinder Block Plate/Spacer : Mitsubishi Eclipse 90-94
MIT-MF140062/225(4)/233/227/0407 OEM Mitsubishi Front Case to Block Bolts:
MIT-MF241266/261/268/264 OEM Mitsubishi Oil Filter Housing Bolts: Mitsubishi
MIT-MF140029/238/026/028/022 OEM Mitsubishi Water Pump Bolts: Mitsubishi Eclipse 90-94
MIT-MR258477 OEM Oil Return Line Gasket : Mitsubishi Eclipse 90-99
MIT-MD619648 OEM Cam Angle Sensor O-Ring : Mitsubishi Eclipse 90-99
PSI-01512 Throttle Body Shaft Seals: Mitsubishi Eclipse 91-99
PSI-ESK6B OEM Exhaust Manifold Stud Set : Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo 90-99

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts