The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Prepping for Paint?

NinjaVR4

So I have been looking around at where to have my nile black baby painted, without spending an arm and a leg. It looks like people have some decent things to say about the maaco body shop around here, as long as I can do the prep work. What kind of things can I do to prep my car for paint? I am not familiar with auto painting, but I know that I should remove the headlights, what else?

BluFalcon

Here's some pics from my recent paint job. The guys pretty much blew the car apart to paint it. Glass, door cladding, ground effects, wing, bumpers, lights and other pieces as well. It's a pretty labor intensive process. You might want to talk to the painter and see how far down he wants or needs the car to be before painting.

521/1000 Gets Painted

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned