The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Shift knobs what do you like what do you have?

onesickcrx

After some one commented on my 4 speed shift knob it got me thinking, what do you guys all have for shift knobs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I always liked the Integra Gsr shift knobs which has a similar feel to 2g hammer leather knob. I don't remember where my current shift knob came from I like the feel of it. I'd like to buy a weighted carbon fiber one or another nice leather shift knob. So what do you like and what do you have pics welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

turbowop

I have an old DSG delrin unit in 1051 and a factory knob in 503. I like them both. I tried the weighted 2g knob in 1051 and didn't like it as much so it sits on the shelf.

Romanova

greddy_shift_knob_blue.jpg

In the xB and the Galant... nice feel to it.

DynastyLCD

ive got a GReddy/TRUST shift knob as well, the lightweight delrin version. i like it. good feel to it, just loctite the threads to the shifter arm if you overzealously hammer your shifts like you hammer on a dirty girl /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif i spun mine off last week doing that!

Last edited:

boostedinaz

I had a weighted 2G in 1101. I liked it a lot. IN my Laser I had large ball style shift knob and it had a good feel for short drives but was really hard and druing the summer it get pretty hot.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I had a weighted 2g one.

JB

I had one of the AMS leather ones, weighted. I liked it.

Lonewolf64

Quoting turbowop:
I have an old DSG delrin unit in 1051 and a factory knob in 503. I like them both. I tried the weighted 2g knob in 1051 and didn't like it as much so it sits on the shelf.

I have a DSG delrin unit in 1247, but I haven't driven that car yet so I can't comment on how much I like it. 889 has a Greddy counterweight shift knob (sold by JNZ) and I really like it. The only downside is that unless your windows are tinted it will got hot in the summer.

moduleunknown

I have a WORKS Grab shift knob in both the Evo and the VR4. Nice looking, solid, heavier than stock, but not too heavy and just feels good.

click

Last edited:

Quoting boostedinaz:
... I had large ball.. and it had a good feel but was really hard .. pretty hot.

Hehe, I'm not surprised that you like the feel of large really hard balls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Stock 2g for now but gonna pick up a sparco knob when I get some money to burn.

KiNgMaRtY

I've had the Greddy and didn't really like how hot it gets and the top clear protestant gets ugly after a while or any other part-metal materialized knobs as the Momo's, just get too hot here in Cali. How do you like the Ralliart knob? Does it get much hotter than the leather? I have been thinking of getting it for some weeks now.

Quoting onesickcrx:

I'm rockin a T.M.E. 6 knob and boot.

Your setup look like something from Startrek with the guages, and I kinda like it. In the tray below your stero, is that lined with carbon fiber?

onesickcrx

Yes it is a carbon peace I made for it good eye /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Keep it comming guys this is good info. It's been so long since I've had a metal shift knob...I forgot that they get super hot in the summer I stay away from that. I'm leaning towards something leather but I'm not huge fan of holding on to round ball shapes as some of you prefer that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif On the real side of things the EVO shift knobs are nice.

CutlassJim

I have the strangest shift knob I have ever seen. It came on a 1G I purchased years ago and is made from wood with some sort of black coating on it. It's similar to a Honda "Spoon" shift knob and I love the feel and shape of it. It's perfectly comfortable in a Galant or a 1G. Always not that cold in the winter and not that warm in the summer. Plus it comes right up or down to hand temp in about 30 seconds. This is the only picture I can find of it on my computer.

DSCN2337.jpg

BluFalcon

I have a couple of knobs I've used int he car, but still tying to figure out which one I like more.

EVO 8 Leather Knob- Feels good shifting, bit it's too light. Would be perfect if it were heavier.

Greddy Weighted Knob- I like it as it's nicely weighted, but would like something that sits a little higher on the shifter. This knob screws down pretty low on the 1G shifter arm I have installed in the car. Also, summers in Texas are not a good thing with this particular knob.

2G Style Weighted- Best of the bunch so far, and what I'm using right now. Knob is taller, so it goes well with the shorter 1G shifter arm, and is nicely weighted. However the metal threaded insert on the knob, has a tendency to loosen at times. Tried shimming the knob with washers, or other materials to enable it to stay "locked" in place once tightened. Might try some red Loc-Tite the next time it comes loose.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts