The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Project 837/2000

wildman24

I want to start by introducing myself, My name is Kris Wildman. I live in West Richland,WA and I am a first time Galant owner. I bought the car in rough shape it was a victim of an engine fire. The car was barely a rolling chassis with a truck load of parts, a huge project but a fun one! Here it is, 837/2000!

This is what she looked like when I got it home. After a bath of course!

As of day four...

Five lug conversion, Rear steering delete, and a LSD!

Stripped, sanded, cleaned and painted!

A good start so far to a big project....more to come!

turbowop

You better make it to work tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Just kidding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But srsly, you better make it to work tomorrow.

wildman24

another productive day.. the reconstruction has begun. wiring harnesses are back in, cleaned and undercoated the entire underneath tomorrow the rear sub frame will go back in and she will be back on the ground! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wildman24

abs delete done master cylinder and brake booster installed along with the rear sub frame basically ready for the engine and tranny!

amazing what 2 weeks will do to a car!

Do you not plan on putting the cloth stuff in for the firewall to help prevent it from having another fire?

But great work so far! I want my engine bay that clean!!!!

Adorsey

Engine bay looks good, factory Nile Black I assume? And your electrical looks to be in good shape too for having been in a fire
Welcome to the board!

Adorsey

Quoting wildman24:
another productive day.. the reconstruction has begun. wiring harnesses are back in , cleaned and undercoated the entire underneath tomorrow the rear sub frame will go back in and she will be back on the ground! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It looks good, cant wait to see the rest!

mitsuturbo

I used to own this car. The engine fire happened January 1, 2006 IIRC. I know it was Jan. 1st, at least.

I paid 1200 for the car, and it needed a transmission. Previous owner saw that i had a couple, and stopped to ask if i wanted to buy his after he'd seen 161/2000 was sitting in front of the house, totaled, after some drunk/stoned 17 year old hit it with a hyundai accent at 50mph in the rear. I had a tranny lying around from 161, so of course i jumped on the deal. He trailered it down from somewhere in Wyoming to SLC.

The car was my DD. I have no idea why the fire started. The car was 100% stock. Even running stock boost. Everything looked fine when i bought it. I drove it for about 3 months, and then POOF! Some guy was knocking on my door at 4am, after the car had been parked for nearly an hour. "Hey, i think your car is on fire."

It's great to see it getting put back together. I'm curious to see how it's doing now.

wildman24

As of today 837 is finally back on the road! With a fresh 6 bolt bored .020 over balance shaft eliminator kit, arp head studs, rod and flywheel bolts. fidanza flywheel with act 2100. Small 16g, 550cc injectors, 2g maf, jdm intercooler with custom piping and 3 in downpipe and full 3 in exhaust. the car also has a abs delete and 3 bolt lsd rear diff along with a 5 lug swap

GSX_TC

That car looks just like David's (apexhunter)

mitsuturbo

Whoa. Holy sh*t.

I just saw this. Didnt realize it was actually on the road now.

Looks great! Good work.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts