The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone got roof racks?

dsm10o0

Looking to see if anybody else got a roof/bike/ski rack. post up pics.

Just installed a yakima roof rack on mine. Dont know if i should put a bike railing or a ski holder. Its only for style tho lol but it looks good!

Will take better pics of it tomorrow.

turbowop

Yeah, I have a roof rack. I also use it to carry my f***ing skis to the mountain.

What the f*** is wrong with you? Why would you install a roof rack for "style"? Perhaps you'd be better suited to VW ownership and could install a hood with surface rust as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roll.gif

Mine, which actually has purpose:

944d0174224c49a.jpg

turbowop

Harsh, assholish, whatever. Last week we have a post about adjustable cam sprockets on stock cams "for the look" (although he later admitted to no realizing they were adjustable) and now we have somebody wanting a roof rack "for the look". f***ing ghey. Can't decide between bike or ski holder? WTF?! Poser.

"Oh, you ski?"

"Naw, that's just on my car for style."

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/gay.gif

Last edited:

turbowop

Lake Tahoe splits NV and CA. You could go either way based on the plates. Lots of skiing and mtn biking...or in this case, posing.

cheekychimp

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Can't decide on ski or bike rack... and has NV plates.

It's a no brainer if you ask me.

^^^ lmfao

I take your point Mark, but at first sight that was f***ing funny!

Last edited:

alansupra94

I got a Yakima roof rack.

You probably never heard of it.

- GVR4 Hipster

1qkfwd

It couldn't be either or?? What's the no brainer?

No point in getting a rack for looks.

SouthCaliVR4

Maybe he felt it's getting too good a gas mileage & thought this would be a great way to shed a few miles to the gallon, in which case, go with the ski-rack. Or strap a surfboard up there, hey I know do they sell those coffin thingies there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

alansupra94

Just pull her on her bike along /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

mitsuturbo

One of the things that sucks about roof racks, is the noise. Especially with an open sunroof. It's seriously annoying to me.

turbowop

Mine doesn't seem that bad, even with a couple pairs of skis up there. It's noticeable, but after a few miles down the highway I get used to it. But this is with a non-sunroof car.

Last edited:

CutlassJim

Quoting snohacking:
found some google surfing

Second and fourth pictures are the same car.

I personally Like the look of a roof rack. My Car had one on it when i bought it. Don't listen to these guys alot of them will ad a JDM parts just for the look of it, but then turn around and talk sh*t to anyone who ads anything eles just for looks.

Jesse

Last edited by a moderator:

turbowop

JDM parts replace existing parts and look better while being a functional part of the body.

A roof rack is an additional piece. It's not needed unless you're hauling items on the roof.

Perhaps you all should buy nitrous kits for the look. Just mount the bottle so you can show it off at the local ricer parking lot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

Some people like the look of a roof rack. I don't see how adding JDM fender lights or the city lights or the rear jdm bumper or tinting tail lights ect. would any way more functional over stock....I personally like the look better than stock reason why i went that route. And you never know when you might need to strap something down.. I personally think Crankwalks old car when it was all white with the roof racks was gorgeous.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts