The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Opinion? : Wheels for K. Gray VR-4

gramkrakr89

What is everyone's opinion of what type/color wheels belong on a Kensington Gray VR-4? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Been looking around and haven't seen too many promising candidates, so I'd appreciate your thoughts...

(note: GSX hubs)

JSchleim18

Alloy metal, Diamond Black BBS MR wheels, Black, Graphite

Basically any shade in between silver to black

2of9

blaze orange, blaze pink, hot red and neon green on each wheel.

It's hard to say but for me, the bronze golden color (from the volk te37s) tend to match all the color depending how the rim looks like.

here's my tasted: not SO gold...but a bit more bronze into it.
Rota-Boost-Gold.jpg

I really think a dark bronze or a gray that matches the car look really good.

cheekychimp

I've got AMG rims on mine and they look significantly better on this car than they did on the two tone car. I also think black EVO VIII rims would look good on a KG car.

White wheels actually look surprisingly good too: -

Last edited:

^^^^Man those wheels stand out like a fat whore in church. I love the wheel, but IMO I think they are too white, throw some mud on em.

Last edited by a moderator:

DR1665

Quoting slugsgomoo:
i have to admit, "hyperblack" from 5zigen looks pretty good to me.

DSC_5290.JPG

It's so frustrating to see examples of what my Galant might look like, were it not a daily driven parts car. Kudos to you, sir.

On the wheels note, I'm gonna go with faded-ass black 91 Wagz. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

slugsgomoo

you should see how sad my car looks right now. It's been sitting outside all winter, and hell, I haven't driven it in years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Actually, in that picture there it was already sans motor, and I've moved houses since then.

gramkrakr89

my car has had the same 91 eclipse wheels on it since i got it. They fit nice, but the use of JB-Weld on the cracks is becoming an issue, heh

Those all look great. I tend to be more partial to dark(er) wheels on my car (graphite, darker bronze, nothing really glossy). Something of quality would be nice too, but, sadly, cost-effectiveness is key due to being just a liiiitle short on funds. probably post WTB soon, or would I be barking up the wrong tree?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts