The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Silicone Couplers for Radiator?

JSchleim18

Does anyone know of any drawbacks to having silicone couplers for radiator connections? I have an AFCO scirocco radiator and I want to make custom hoses/pipes. I have found reducer hoses in the right size (1.25"-1.5") but they are advertised as silicone couplers.

Any help please!

524of1000

I use silicone hoses for my radiator and they work fine. Check siliconeintakes.com they have an awesome selection.

JNR

Yeah, I have a silicone upper hose and it works fine...I would suggest if you go custom, do it in such a way that the only thing you'd need to replace is a straight piece, so in case something happens on the road.

JSchleim18

Yeah the couplers were going to be straight couplers. But I think I've decided to make the DSM hoses fit. The top one fits fine but the bottom one seems like a small challenge.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned