The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front Lips

Does anyone make a front lip for the vr4? Or has anyone made any? Im interested to see a vr4 with a lip! Pictures would be nice.

Diego

BoostX made some beginning of last year. Save your time/money and find an Accord 96-98 front lip and cut it in the middle to accommodate the width you need.

curtis

PM John (Boostx) He may have one set left. Mine is in the shop and it want be for sale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

turbowop

For what it's worth, the lip on my car is the Boostx lip. It's a reproduction version of the old Sigmaspeed lip that was available in Japan back in the day, so it's a legit piece for the Galant and purpose made for it. The problem is that the original lip that the mold was constructed from was shipped to Boostx in two pieces for cheaper shipping (I think). This makes it a bit more difficult to mount and get just right as there is some trimming/fitting involved, but if you take the time to do it right, it turns out good.

curtis

Also the way that its built it will fit the USDM and JDM cover where the original was only fitted for the JDM. Plus having some adjustment to it takes up for sagging in a 20 year old bumper cover.

turbowop

I think the original Sigmaspeed lip would have fit both JDM or USDM anyway, since the lower part is the same length. And I don't buy the whole sagging thing. I think the majority of these bumpers have held their shape pretty damn well over the years, unless somebody cut waaaaaay too much out of them.

H05TYL

It's more common for them to have had a small ding and the metal frame behind the bumper is bent and making the plastic crooked.

Dasith

click

this might help.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts