The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rally anyone???

Ok so im thinkin about doin the rally theme for my galant as well as doin some playin off road. Does anyone know where you can get skid plates, mud flaps, light bars, etc... Or does this have to custom.

Thanks

boostedinaz

PM DR1665. I know he will have tons of sites for you to look at.

His name is Brian VERY cool guy.

DR1665

Always good to see another Galant owner willing to play off road. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

* skidplate - DIY (search this board: +skidplate -"Re:" for pictures and measurements)
* mudflaps - DIY (you can spend $100 on some brand name stuff or chop up commercial truck flaps for less)
* light bars - custom, you can pick up entry level Hella 500s on Amazon for around $50, 8" HID Super Oscars or LEDs are gonna run you $$$.

Rally forums:
- RallyAnarchy.com -> think Caddyshack
- SpecialStage.com -> think Bushwood

I think there's a rally going on in your neck of the woods this weekend, actually. 100 Acre Woods is in Missouri. Go check it out. The best way to get started in rally is to volunteer at an event. You get to see all the cars up close, be part of real motorsport, and make connections that can help you get your project on the road (or off it, as it were).

Press on regardless.

desant78

i bought 1662 soley for this reason....everyone I know with boosted awd cars driving soley to work and back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I'll be following anything you post with this, because in the future (once I graduate school) I want to build a car to handle the terrain and find it hard to find many rally vr4/dsm threads. and maybe in the mean while do some cheap mods to help me survive the farms and woods we have here in nj...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck!

DR1665

Nice! We need more rally GVR4s in North America.

There's a number of GVR4 rallyistas down under on Facebook, too. Seems like they all run yellow cars. :p

Drew84

Brian knows how much I love rallying. I'll have to check out that skid plate thread.

desant78

tried looking for it a bunch of times...but i get distracted by all the rally threads that come up in the search too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif...so i've yet to find it haha

Quoting desant78:
i bought 1662 soley for this reason....everyone I know with boosted awd cars driving soley to work and back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I'll be following anything you post with this, because in the future (once I graduate school) I want to build a car to handle the terrain and find it hard to find many rally vr4/dsm threads. and maybe in the mean while do some cheap mods to help me survive the farms and woods we have here in nj...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck!

X2. At some point I'd like to rally my car. I plan to pick up a beater 1g for a practice/recce car too. I too am a broke college student, currently just trying to get my gvr4 ON the road, before I can even think about OFFroad. I am definitely going to look into volunteering, that sounds like fun.

DR1665

Quoting desant78:
tried looking for it a bunch of times...but i get distracted by all the rally threads that come up in the search too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif...so i've yet to find it haha

PRO TIP: To get any reasonable use out of the search utility here, use the following syntax.

+"whatYouWantToFind" -"Re:"

A search for +"skid plate" -"Re:" brought up just three threads. This one (you're reading), and this one (with skid plate measurements), and one actually titled "Skid Plate Info." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

We need all the rally Galants we can get. As they say over on DirtyImpretzel...
DI_toobox_sticker.jpg

desant78

^thanks! by the way those threads lead to 40 mins of once again...rally threads and an old video of larry's white vr4 running at a real small rally at a motox track. can't wait to get some time to try all this....

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts