The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant Advan

Lukefraizer

Short and sweet post... Why are there none of these cars on any cites online?! It is an insanely good looking car and you dont find anything on them anywhere! Makes my heart a little sad!

2of9

yeah, haven't seen any Galant VR4's with Advan rims /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

CutlassJim

Quoting turbowop:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I with the whopper on this one.

Galants = cheap

Advans = not cheap

You do the math.

I love VR4's to death but if money wasn't really an object I would probably be playing with something else. Maybe a turbo's IS or something......... on Advans. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Not everyone drive's a Galant because they are cheap. Maybe they started with them because they were cheap, but got "addicted". My daily driver is worth WAY more than my Galant, but i still have it. Why? Don't know and can't explain. And the day WILL come when these cars will be worth a lot more!!

^^^Thats what happend to me. I was going to say that Cranwalk's car has a beutiful set of super Advans. It was in the member showcase but it's not in their anymore? I wonder why it's not in their, it was a beutiful car.

turbowop

Quoting CutlassJim:
Quoting turbowop:

Galants = cheap

Advans = not cheap

You do the math.

I love VR4's to death but if money wasn't really an object I would probably be playing with something else. Maybe a turbo's IS or something......... on Advans. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That isn't what I was thinking. I didn't think of my car as cheap when I bought it back in '98. And I don't have a problem with Advan wheels being used on a gvr4. What I don't understand is the OP's question. I thought maybe he was talking about a specific car, but I have no idea, hence the confused smiley.

thecman02

Yeah... I can't follow what the OP is saying.

DR1665

Pfft. Nevermind those goofy three-spoke wheels.

The Advan livery package was hotness. (Trying to find a better picture of an Advan Galant.)

IMG_0209.jpg

This is somewhat inspiring for 195/2000...

e30m.jpg

The Advan livery has been run on just about every Mitsubishi race car ever produced.

evoRef.jpg

2of9

possible rims for the galant. just for rollin and photos
Grid_17x9_FRSB_-_1-of-1_-6.jpg

Quoting galantgti:
Not everyone drive's a Galant because they are cheap. Maybe they started with them because they were cheap, but got "addicted". My daily driver is worth WAY more than my Galant, but i still have it. Why? Don't know and can't explain. And the day WILL come when these cars will be worth a lot more!!

Agree. I actually sold my 500 awhp evo which i owned for 4 years, and bought a galant to replace it. I wanted something that nobody around me has, and i have yet to see a single gvr-4 in my area within 4 years. Lately it seems like everyone is getting evos, so my reason wasnt because galants are cheap, but because they are a rare car. Now its just basically time do dump all the money i got from selling my evo into the galant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting CutlassJim:
Quoting turbowop:

Galants = cheap

Advans = not cheap

You do the math.

That isn't what I was thinking. I didn't think of my car as cheap when I bought it back in '98. And I don't have a problem with Advan wheels being used on a gvr4.

I agree with that, the car is what you make it. I myself do not consider GVR4's to be labled as "cheap" cars. I think of them as a great Japanese classic sport cars. My last Galant I put a set of Work Emotion CR Kai wheels on it, although they are not the most expnsive wheels the four wheels and tires was higher than what I paid for the car.

Now if your wondering why Galants never showup in US magazines or "Hellaflush" websites. For one, not a whole lot are left as compared to the sweet hellaflush 240's. Aswell mainstream tuner media is going towards this rather dumb looking "hellaflush" nonsence. I would think as a whole that most of the GVR4 owners on this board and off have enough respect for their car to 1. Not make it look dumb with some serious camber issues, and 2. Not make it any more undriveable than what it already may be.

These magazines are marketed towards younger people. Most younger people don't want a 90's four door car regaurdless if it has a 4G63T cramed in it. They want something new that is less than an 1" off the ground with some seriously fucked up camber and a stero that will make your ears bleed.

dsm10o0

click

He has advans on his gvr4, they look good.

^^^ Yes that is a beautiful car, I still thought crankwalk owned that car. When did he get rid of it? I'm sure he will end up buying it back again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lukefraizer

Well I was more talking about the Galant Advan Rally car from period. It is so sexy! This pic posted on here is the first non diecast I have seen online! I have to get vinal made to get myne looking like that!

Lukefraizer

Sorry I said that wrong. It is a diecast like everything I have seen online. Where is the real car? Or is it purely a made up car?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts