The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cheapest way to ship a hood

TylerAdamson

Hands down cheapest is Grey Hound. I was quoted around $65 going this route. Other than that, your only choice is freight because of the size and that's $125+ depending on destination.

496of2000

I called and the hood I'm shipping is too large. The crate is 58" x 53" x 5" inches, weight 69-70 lbs.
quoted from their web page

What are your package weight and size restrictions?
What are your packaging requirements?
The maximum weight per package is 100 pounds. The extreme measurements of length, width, and height shall not exceed 30" x 47" x 82".

TylerAdamson

Are you shipping a Galant hood? I'd recommend taking it out of the crate, covering it with bubble wrap, place cardboard to hood and on corners to fortify them, and then wrap with shipping wrap. This should get you within their shipping dimensions and should also survive the trip without issue.

89Mirageman

I shipped a VIS Evo 1-3 carbon fiber hood using Greyhound. I would say its pretty much the same size as a galant hood. You may want to stop by a body shop and ask for a large cardboard box as they are constantly getting in new body panels and that's one less box they'll have to break down.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts