The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BC Coilovers

dmj

I purchased a set from Garfield and I am very pleased at the quality of construction. All bolts /studs and brackets for both the brake and abs lines are in the right locations to make these an easy bolt on affair. Also comes with dust boots to protect the shock shaft. Here are some pics.

Last edited:

blacksheep

Are there markings on the camber plates up front? Hard to tell from the pic?

Are these re-buildable? If, so is it in the USA?

Are spring rates upgradable? What is the warranty for upgrading springs. Megan allows to upgrade upto + 2K in front and rear and warranty remains.

Any shock dyno information provided with coilovers? Fortune-Auto makes coilovers and they provide shock dyno figures...

dmj

Yes there are markings engraved , lighting was way to bright for pics. . BC USA is located right in the Orlando area about 20 mins from my house Replacement inserts from what I understand run $95 to 125 and yes springs rates are upgradable. You would probably need to contact BC USA for specific shock dyno figures.

KiNgMaRtY

What's your review on them? Do they feel like they rebound well. Good control over the spring? How do you like them overall?

I would think they are better than the Megan/K-Sports

Last edited:

BC is a better quality product over Megan & KSport. As a result the price is a little higher. The nice thing is that all the mounting points are there for the brake lines & ABS (for those that still have it) so that's a big plus. I don't think KSport comes with the mounting points & I'm not sure about Megan's. You can order custom spring rates but I'm not sure how that affects the warranty, I'll have to double check.

Brianawd

What are the spring rates? and can you get shock dyno #

dmj

Installed coilovers and new wheels and tires today car now rides firm, not harsh at all . I will beat on it tomorrow and see how it performs

Last edited:

stealthtt24

Those look beautiful. I wish I could afford some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

kickin myself self for not going the extra mile to get these. went with kyb gr2's and custom made springs, hope my car sits that pretty. of course the ride is what counts.

dmj

Ok here is the full review as for now .As for installation On the rears I had to flip the brake line brackets and run the brake lines behind the coilover due to it being wider in diameter. The Fronts were an easy bolt on with brake lines in stock location but the bolt for the abs line on one side was a tad to low about 2mm no problem just enlarge the hole in the bracket The other side bolted on no problem. Now the fun part I drove about 15 miles and I am honestly impressed no floating or bouncing, car does not nose dive during hard braking, really stable in corners and very little leaning in extremely tight turns ,firm and composed on rough broken pavement. The car feels like a modern sports car, very tight. This review is subjective as I have not tried other coilovers some may like them some may not but I am extremely pleased ,I think I shall go for another drive, I need to test them on some brick streets. Only time will tell how they hold up as the miles rack up . I will post pics on install over the weekend.

Last edited:

Luke

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting dmj:</font><hr />
Spring rates KG/mm 180 front 220 rear. based on manufacturer claims.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Those numbers are the spring length, not the spring rate...
The spring rates are 10kg/mm front and 8kg/mm rear.

Here's the info I got from google about this coilover:
•Spring Rates Front - 180L-10K
•Spring Rates Rear - 220L-8K

trexn8

Are these still available new?

Brunoboy

you can order them through Garfield.

trexn8

Any updates? I am so ready to buy some suspension /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts