The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bluetooth Obd1 adapter for logger

jnava

Staff member
I thought this was for the Android logger setup for our cars? The MMCDROID setup.

Hardware is finally ready! It'll be a few weeks before a few parts come from overseas but it shouldn't be long!

Final price will be $125 shipped, it came in higher than we wanted (two of us working on this project),
many hours have went into this, built here by us, but you won't be disappointed!

Adapter will come with connecting wires and female spade connectors attached, three go to the standard OBD1
pins, the other to a 12V source.

I will also be providing a test program and source for a .NET application. It's very simple and allows you to check out how it all
works, if you get ambitious make your own PC logger. The application is not polished and should be considered a simple
testing program as it sits. The adapter can be used with any application on the PC side that connects at 9600 baud, car side
can be configured for multiple rates (including OC'd ECU's).

Once everything arrives I will begin building the remaining 14 boards I have. You are # on the pre-order list, and I will
contact the first 14 on the list accordingly, and work my way down if people back out etc..

Attached is a picture of the board for those that have not been following the progress closely!

Thanks for your interest!

Nick

DR1665

Bluetooth logging. That's freaking solid. I'd heard this was on the horizon. Please keep us posted.

mitsuturbo

This, in conjunction with DSMlink would be completely and totally the awesomestest thing EVAR!

jnava

Staff member
Dunno, need to talk with the developer. I know that this is for a 1g obd1. He is making them as we speak and I confirmed that I wanted it too. I already have great smartphone, why buy a logger thats old. Hell, if I upgrade to the dual processor android, I'll just have my HTC EVO4g as my logger in my ride. Why not. I would suggest anyone with an Iphone, which is probably quite a few, show him the mass appeal of this app. He might just make it if he hasn't already. BTW, theoretically it may be possible to run dsmlink. That would just make it insane....hopefully I get a response from him tonight. just sent him the email and asked him about it.

14u2nV

Make this able to communicate with my car and I would buy it. I bought the rev program accidentally last year, but it only works on obdii.

CliCKY

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
The last response is just a half hour old...if it allows a baud rate of 9600, please techs...can anyone translate if its possible with dsmlink?

To:
"Juan Nava"

Possibly, if they would allow you to set the baud rate to 9600 baud. I assume its PC based?

On Feb 16, 2011 8:24 PM, "Juan Nava" wrote:
> hey, would this work theoretically work with a dsmlink?
>
>
> --- On Mon, 2/14/11, Nick Baker
>
> From: Nick Baker
> Subject: Re:
> To: "Juan Nava"
> Date: Monday, February 14, 2011, 11:25 PM
>
> Yes, I'm using CM7
>
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Juan Nava
> Are you referring to cynogenmod?
>
>
>
> Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android
>
>
>
> The fish are biting.
>
> Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing.
>

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts