The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

evo wheels ?

dsm10o0

For those you you guys running evo8 or 9 wheels, did you end up using wheel spacers or it isnt necessary?

my car is dropped on some agx's and HnR springs.

3rdstrikedsm

Yup they will fit just fine as I had 255-40-17 on my gvr4 which was lowered with no issues.

CutlassJim

Look at the 1788 thread. I just posted pictures of Evo 8s with 255/45s on an Evo 9/Tein suspension.

I didnt need any im running Evo 9 BBS wheels with Evo struts on tien springs

4722656242_7924dc15f1_b.jpg

dsm10o0

You guys dont get any rubbibg when turning? Im currently running 17' 98 talon wheels and it rubs when making a U turn.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The rubbing will depend on your tire size choice as well. I have the 97 GSX wheels on 828. They are 17 x 6.5 and +46 mm offset. Your Talon wheels are the same. With 215/45/17 I have no rubbing issues.

dsm10o0

I have the same tire size on them. The evo wheels I'm getting has wider tires. I'm running a full 1g front knuckles and a full 1g rear subframe and diff, coould that cause the rubbing?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Shouldn't be. Geometry is the same essentially on all the parts. I have 1g front knuckles too.

The Evo wheels have +38 offset, vs. the +46 of the DSM wheels.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting dsm10o0:
I have the same tire size on them. The evo wheels I'm getting has wider tires. I'm running a full 1g front knuckles and a full 1g rear subframe and diff, coould that cause the rubbing?

Does it rub both ways? Maybe your wheel center is just off?

I had the same bbs wheels as jesse on 245/45/17 advan tires
No rub on fenders they are a perfect fit

blacksheep

Where are you guys finding BBS MR or BBS MR SE wheels other than EvoM and how much are you paying?

I have looked for nice sets at a decent price and no luck!

blacksheep

I do think less spokes look better on gvr4's...The Evo 8 enkei wheels seem to make the gvr4 look more aggressive IMHO. Look at Jepherz's gvr4, for example.

JesseW got his from a friend of his that wrecked his evo. Not to mention the sexy ass interior he snagged too. Time to make a deal on it Jesse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chrisfullwood

I must be like some of the other guys here, i really want Evo rims, and the evo interior... but where i live, finding an evo (wrecked/running either way) is like winning the lottery without buying a ticket.

cheapest ive found a set of front seats, $800, back seats, $300.

blacksheep

^^^ If you want Evo 8 wheels, let me know - I can find you a set for about 400 + shipping. One wheel has curb rash though, I believe. I need to go back and ask.

Quoting Dbossman:
JesseW got his from a friend of his that wrecked his evo. Not to mention the sexy ass interior he snagged too. Time to make a deal on it Jesse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yea i kinda lucked out, my friend was on his way up from Florida to show me his new evo.. his GF hit a deer in front of him in turn he slammed in to her.. end of evo...

JSchleim18

I picked up a set of Evo MR wheels in diamond black for $500 locally. I sold them

BrandonEchols

^ Nice find.
Gawd, I want some of those MR BBS' so bad.

dsm10o0

Got my evo 9 enkies today and slapped them on. They look good on the car. They just need to be repainted and it has a set of nitto nt05 tires. Got an awesome deal on this set.

Guys with them, do the fronts on yours poke out a bit? It sits flush on the rear.

Sample pic. Will take more once repainted.

Can't decide on color, white or keep it black?

photo-15.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts