The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

notes to take when buying gvr4?

oldman_tau

im about to buy a gvr4, what are the things that i need to check.. also if the check engine light is on what is the most common problem?

thanks in advance.

SouthCaliVR4

Pitch me fifty for gas & have a couple hotties around I can flirt with, I'll come up with my scanner & we'll look her over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Big on the list would be condition of timing belt. Is it stock or modded? Look at the ecu caps leaking sticky in the newbies section. Does the trans shift smoothly, check the bottom of the doors for rust, also check the trunk under the mats and the rockers under the side cladding.

How many miles? Has a compression test been run ect...

KiNgMaRtY

Price vs Condition is a big factor. Most issues with these cars can be dealt with but ultimately depends on price.

Check for rust but if it's a original Cali car that may not be a problem. A check engine light can be just about anything. Even a faulty 02. Are you looking at a particular car at the time or just looking?

I'd say you take SouthCali's offer if you have one in mind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts