The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Good color? My engine bay finally painted

Hi all, longtime lurker here.

Well, I finally got done the engine bay paint on my longtime project #1991 this weekend, went with something a little different, from belize green to BMW silver gray. Here are a couple pics, first one is before the clear and with low lighting, second is after clear, with too much camera flash lol. Prep and paint was all done by me, pretty happy with the results considering it was my first time doing real 2 stage paint. I love the color, looks much better in real life, it sort of changes shades depending on lighting. Just needs cut and buffed now.

Let me know what you all think.

cheekychimp

I think it's hot actually. If you had just shown me the second picture I would have thought it looked okay but nothing special but the first pic looks sort of gunmetal grey and really classy. Are you just doing the bay this colour or respraying the whole car. Doesn't matter either way, I have just always thought a gunmetal grey VR4 would look cool.

First picture represents the actual color much better. It does look kind of gunmetal in real life. The second picture kind of shows the shade changing that happens in different light, just a little to the extreme of washed out. And yes, the entire car will be this color once I get it back together. I think I will leave the exterior to a professional painter tho, its a little much for me to attempt. Thanks for the props, I wasn't sure if I would get a good response, just because I'm not going oem.

cheekychimp

No I really like how it looks in the first picture. Please make sure you update this thread when you have painted the whole car. I really want to see what it looks like in daylight. One day if I ever finish the other car I want to get it repainted and black has not been a lucky colour for me so I might be persuaded to go with something like gunmetal.

That looks outstanding! Love the color and the job is well done.

What did you use a prep for the lines? I have seen others use foil so it quick on quick off.

Thanks, I just used blue painters tape on everything. Hopefully its easy off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

89Mirageman

Great job! Nice color too. Should look awesome when everything is dropped back in.

Nice job! Any cleaning up of the engine bay in a 20 year old car is a major improovement. Curious to see how the car will turn out under that color.

Struc

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Very impressive. Talk about a job and a half. You have more ambition that I ever will!

DR1665

Very well done indeed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

When I get mine back from Kent, one of the projects I want to do is clean and paint my engine bay. You've done a damn nice job. Kudos.

Thanks guys for the kind words.

As for the future, I plan on keeping it very minimal/clean in the bay, as abs, pws, a/c, cruise control are all removed already. Wire tuck, fuse and battery relocation are in the works as well.

I will try to keep this updated, and will get pictures when im putting it back together and when the exterior is painted for sure.

Ian M

Nice color. To me changing from the factory color to something tasteful like this is actually an improvement.

When you only have four factory colors,no matter what you do all these cars look the same but with different wheels and stance.

bazeng

Looks awesome!

Great colour choice!

Looks like mine! Lol

39607_154127817963981_117626241614139_263391_5177580_n.jpg

76468_154126014630828_117626241614139_263330_2479407_n.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned