The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Suspension setups

talontyme

So today I noticed the front left side of my car was lower than the right,and after checking a few things I have deduced that the shock is bad and also the strut bushing is shot so I will need to replace that stuff.The car has an agx and h&r setup on it now and I was wondering what you guy's where running and how you like your setup's.The car is used for driving and will see the drag strip as much as I can go so let me know what you got and what you recommend.

Last edited:

sounds like you have a good setup on your car now but upgrading is always good but there are downfalls to upgrading. Consider how stiff you want the ride to be. I have d2 coilovers i bought from a member here and they are stiffer than the kyb's and springs. but as you said you're going to track the car. On tunernation they have a BC coilovers for less than 1,000 great for roadracing and autocrossing...Goodluck bro

raptorWagon

Some run that same setup, some of us run modified Evo 8/9 suspension, and some on coilovers. It all depends on what you want, I have been running the modified Evo setup and it has worked great for me. There's a couple write ups of how to do the conversion in the how to section or you can go on Tunersnation and order a set.

KiNgMaRtY

I have H&R springs with Koni's. The Koni's are really a better shock opposed to the AGX's which I have had before. They handle the H&R spings much better and if you decide to go with GC's you are halfway there.

Lonewolf64

I'm on Eibach prokit springs with Koni Yellow inserts up front and adjustable KYB AGX in the rear. The car handles quite nicely and when I drop the stiffness in the front and rear the ride is passable if you are sensitive to a bumpy ride (I am not, so I just keep them cranked up to their handling sweet spot).

KiNgMaRtY

I also do like the feel of Koni's up front and AGX's in the rear. Just not the AGX's in the front. Just feels like aftermarket springs are too much for them to handle unless put in max stiff

Armitage

Just FWIW, the front driver side always sits lower than the passenger side. I doubt you'll find any stock-suspensioned gvr4s that don't do this. IIRC the corner weights are really biased towards the front driver side already even before you add the weight of the driver.

talontyme

Thanks for the info guy's i have narrowed it down to this
koni red's all round,k-sport camber plate,ground controls or
the cheaper set of k-sports

KiNgMaRtY

Koni yellow. K-Sport can be a pain. I had a set in a previous car and 3 of them blew within 2000 miles. Others have had better luck but for long term reliability I would say the Koni + GC combo

talontyme

I searched for the part numbers for the koni's but cannot find them little help please.

KiNgMaRtY

Do you have your OEM struts? The Front Koni's require you to use the OEM strut housing. Search under 1g GSX specific

Last edited:

talontyme

Okay so this is the setup
k-sport pillow ball upper mount
kyb agx's
ground controls
thanks for the help.

Boostdtalon

I'm glad you asked this question Mark. I'm actually wanting to go with something along the same lines. I feel coilovers would be too much since my car will be street more than anything.

trexn8

Are the Koni's still available? Any updates?

Brunoboy

Quoting Armitage:
Just FWIW, the front driver side always sits lower than the passenger side. I doubt you'll find any stock-suspensioned gvr4s that don't do this. IIRC the corner weights are really biased towards the front driver side already even before you add the weight of the driver.

oh geez, I thought it was just me lol, With the Evo Suspension I do not see this anymore though...

vr4play

you can use the rears off of a 2nd gen and they are externally adjustable. I would recommend coilovers because I don't know how the 2g rears will sit with springs. I didn't have to change my collars much after I switched so it should be close.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts