The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CM performance 3" turbo back un-boxing.

So I just got mine in from Garfield and I couldn't really find multiple pictures before I ordered. So, for those that may want a closer look. here you go.

This is the "91-92 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 3" Aluminized Turbo Back System" with a add-on o2 bung (by request). I am very pleased with the quality. I will upload more pictures later when it is installed on 1870

Hope this isnt a repost...

Last edited by a moderator:

KiNgMaRtY

Very nice! I want to hear it when it's all on. You need to go to an IE Wednesday meet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

I can't find a damn thing on tunersnation whenever i go on there.
I know there are some good deals and good products, but the site is virtually un-usable in it's current state.
That looks like a nice exhaust for a decent price. If i were in the market for one, i'd seriously consider ordering it.

onesickcrx

^ really I never have a hard time finding all the parts I got from him on a his site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

KiNgMaRtY

Not hard to navigate but there are tons of options for exhaust some seem the same as other but the pricing changes

Geno, glad everything arrived safely. The exhaust section is a little cumbersome due to all the options. The new site will be a little easier to follow on the exhaust with drop down buttons for extra options like; o2 bung, Evo 3 o2 flange, jdm/usdm bumper, ss vs. aluminized.... This will cut down on all the combos I have listed right now.

CutlassJim

Two things. First, trash that craptastic exhaust clamp that they supply you with to attach the two cat back pieces together and get a nice band clamp semi truck style. Second, make sure to tighten the stank outta said clamp as they WILL vibrate loose and you will lose the back half. Mine actually came off on a bridge and went all manic depressive on me and jumped into the Merrimack river never to be seen again. I'm guessing they do a two piece unit for ease of manufacturing and shipping? I still prefer one piece catbacks. Otherwise I love the fit and finish of the system.

Garfield whats the difference between a USDM and JDM rear bumper? I'm actually fabbing up a new rear section and the hangers are all done but I mocked it up on a USDM bumper and it will be going on a JDM bumper'd car.

turbowop

JDM bumper is much shorter than the USDM bumper, so the length of the exhaust needs to be shorter or longer depending on which bumper you have.

Once all setup on the car, have somebody weld the two pieces of the catback together. Then you'll never have to worry about a clamp vibrating loose. This is how mine is.

^What he said. The rear section is in two pieces to save on shipping. I would use a band clamp as well, that's what I have on my CMPE exhaust. Having the flexibility of the separate rear section also allows you to 'wiggle' it around for the best fit when trying to get everything to line up properly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned