The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Emergency brake issues

I have had an issue with my e-brake, what it does is when it's below frezzing the brake sticks on and I cannot take it out until it thaws or I just drive with it. I took my car to a carwash the other day and when I went into it the brake was kinda froze on. The heated water from the wash thawed it out I guess and it was released. Why is it doing this? What could it be sticking to?

Last edited by a moderator:

AnotherNewb

You have moisture in the parking brake cable. Replace it or try flushing it out with WD-40 on a non freezing day. On boats I'll send a good silicone based lube into the throttle cables, but I usually end up replacing the cables anyways

SouthCaliVR4

Not that I currently find it an issue but... when I worked at a ski resort I soon found you don't use the e-brake when it's below freezing after driving in the wet or snow. I watched about ten people a day learn that leson as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
Not that I currently find it an issue but... when I worked at a ski resort I soon found you don't use the e-brake when it's below freezing after driving in the wet or snow. I watched about ten people a day learn that leson as well

Well, that would be obvious. However, it has just been very DRY and cold here.

SouthCaliVR4

when did you last flush your brake fluid? It can & will absorb moisture over time & may be a culprit.

steve

I came in here just to find out what a barke is, and I'm sorely disappointed.

Quote:

I came in here just to find out what a barke is, and I'm sorely disappointed.

Damn it! How did I miss that?? Sorry to disappoint, I will address this issue by forming a task force & following all corrective actions until it is resolved.

EDIT: It is resolved, now back to the topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts