The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Question for those with Camaro/Corvette brakes

Gvr4-330

I was test fitting a set of Corvette brakes on my car, and the caliper just barely touches the rim.

I know a few of you guys have these calipers installed and I'm ok with grinding it down a bit like you guys did, but how close is it really?

The wheel I was testing has some wheel weights taped to the inside rim, and the caliper won't clear the weights.

Is it like that on your setups? I'm trying to make sure a set of 17x8 +45 Enkei RPF1s clear.

Rob

pagosadsm

I have Mustang or PBR front calipers on the front wheels.I also have 96 corvette rear calipers in the rear.The rotors are 12x1.18 front and 12x,75 in the rear. I have 3000gt wheels that are 16x8" rims.I hade to grind the front calipers and clean up the rims to fit.You can look at my photos gallery on
www,dsmtuners.com
I am pagosa dsm there.

I had to completely grind the fins down on my 2000 camaro SS calipers to get them to clear 17" rims.

bazeng

I had to grind them down with the BBS LM rims but not on the EVO V rims...
So it really depends on your rims..

KiNgMaRtY

I had PBR's on my HKS 1g Promo car. I had 17x8 BBS wheels and they would clear just fine. They were +39 offset. I think you may be cutting it close with +45. Some small spacers may hel if needed and its just a bit.

Gvr4-330

My initial test fit with the wheel showed some slight rubbing on the fins, but it definitely wouldn't clear the wheel weights.

From what I could tell, going to a +35 wheel wouldn't have helped clearance on the wheel weights. Is that 1-2mm of clearance between the caliper and the inside rim enough? I think I have enough spoke clearance without spacers. It's the actual rim clearance I'm worried about.

Rob

belize1334

Once it's all tightened down you should have 0 flex so if it clears it's good. Look at the stock calipers. You can barely slide a toothpick between them and the stock rims. If you've got a few mm when it's all said and done I'd call it a win and then just watch the inside of the wheels for signs of scraping.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts