The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Very Impressive dsm'er

Everytime I get fed up and want to push the galant off a cliff for driving me nuts I run into
something like this, and I get all inspired again pretty impressive build check it out and say
after me I hate leaking hard brake lines but I think I found a fix lol time to sell or rent my
condo and get a damn house with a freaking garage.
click

Last edited by a moderator:

Boostdtalon

I just read that thread the other day. It's amazing the work he's done to that car. Just the rust repair done to the shell was amazing!

boostedinaz

Blah I hate work filters.

2of9

that rust repair is quite the job. i need to do that to 808

dmj

He did a great job "dedicated guy" but would have saved a lot of time and money if he had brought a rust free shell.just my two cents.

Last edited:

ScreaminE

Quoting dmj:
He did a great job "dedicated guy" but would have saved a lot of time and money if he had brought a rust free shell.just my two cents.

100% agree. Those shells are a dime a dozen down south. I'd rather spend the money on a roadtrip and a clean shell than waste that much time. To each his own I guess.

beaner

Quote:
Very Impressive dsm'er

nuttswing3pv.gif

alansupra94

Quoting ScreaminE:
Quoting dmj:

100% agree. Those shells are a dime a dozen down south. I'd rather spend the money on a roadtrip and a clean shell than waste that much time. To each his own I guess.

+1 Would have saved a ton of time. Also kinda wondering why he didn't toss in a 6 bolt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

beaner

Not until the crank moves sideways in the block when turning or pushing the clutch pedal.

mitsuturbo

I would've parted that f***er out and bought a car that shouldn't already have a salvage title.
The rustoration is decent, and it's kind of neat that he did it, but the car overall... gives me a bit of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif feeling. Especially the front fascia. The white on burgundy paint leaves a lot to be desired as well.

Imagine if all that effort had been put into a car that was halfway decent to begin with.

All in all, i honestly think the car sucks, and if it were mine i would be more worried about it falling apart than being proud of it. But, hey.. im a cynical f***.

alansupra94

I thought they had crank-walking problems too unless there was a fix somewhere recently.

raptorWagon

The fix was made in 1999, when 7 bolts received revised thrust bearings. Even though that guy has a 95, if the motor is still running fine, there is no reason not to stay 7 bolt and he can always rebuild it. 6 bolts also suffered from crank walk as well.

I thought my car had rust issues, but his make 1350 look good.

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepinGVR4

Anyone know what he's talking about here. "The answer is just to put a 45deg on the oil pan adapter."

I have the same problem and i'd like to know how he got his drain to line up like that.

honestly. i like nothing abotu the car. it was a heap. he wasted his time repairing it. theres nothing really done to the car except him taking sh*t out. the motor is stock internally. and to hide that face. he wasted more time polishing everything up. the whole interior is spray painted.. he should just polish the exterior.. that way he ahs a completely polished turd.

alansupra94

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

BoostedAWD91

looks like he is talking about putting a 45 degree fitting off the oil pan to get alittle extra room

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts