The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How many stock VR4 owners out there?

I'm just checking to see how many people on this forum have a bone stock VR4? I have a 91 Nile black, no sunroof car that is completly stock and I plan on keeping it that way. My goal is to restore it to showroom condition and drive it every once in a while. I know most people end up building them up but I was curious to see if there are more people with plans like mine for their VR4's.

fuel

I guess there's a few of us. I have a stocker as well - a '91 JDM 'Evolution' model in Carbon Black, standard right down to the factory air box and exhaust.

Very nice Fuel, I'm still trying to track down the stock tape player for mine and some trim pieces. Other than that it's all there with no rust, so it's gonna be easy to restore it. It's about to crack 134k miles. It has the A80 option code, so there were only 90 like it brought over in 1991.

moidsm1

Which radio are you looking for? I have a double din one in my garage but it is very ugly, It has bubbling of the button overlays. I have a friend that has the same radio, I can doublecheck the condition of his and let you know. I am unsure if the cassete player still works since I do not have any cassettes!!

Update: I just checked the part number of my radio, it is MB541074

Last edited:

DR1665

Quoting sleeping1g:
My goal is to restore it to showroom condition and drive it every once in a while.

That was my goal, only to daily drive it, but after some stroke in a Jetta rear-ended me, it's just a nice, 99% stock (hacked airbox + MBC only) daily driver destined to be a parts car when the rally car gets stuffed.

Kudos to you for keeping one nice. We need more of that.

vtecds1

Isn't there a member in here that bought a bone stock, low mileage Galant for $12k?

Quoting moidsm1:
Which radio are you looking for? I have a double din one in my garage but it is very ugly, It has bubbling of the button overlays. I have a friend that has the same radio, I can doublecheck the condition of his and let you know. I am unsure if the cassete player still works since I do not have any cassettes!!

Update: I just checked the part number of my radio, it is MB541074

I'm looking for the cassete player without the CD player. It's hard to find anyone with them since most people just throw them away. Hopefully I can get one tracked down.

Quoting DR1665:
Quoting sleeping1g:
My goal is to restore it to showroom condition and drive it every once in a while.

That was my goal, only to daily drive it, but after some stroke in a Jetta rear-ended me, it's just a nice, 99% stock (hacked airbox + MBC only) daily driver destined to be a parts car when the rally car gets stuffed.

Kudos to you for keeping one nice. We need more of that.

Sorry to hear about your VR4 getting rear-ended, I hate seeing more and more VR4's ending up totaled or in junk yards. That just makes mine even more rare, I have my Talon to modify anyways.

Quoting vtecds1:
Isn't there a member in here that bought a bone stock, low mileage Galant for $12k?

I'm curious to see what mine will go for down the road, I know 134k isn't low mileage but alot of VR4's I've seen are creeping up on 200k.

moidsm1

Oh, I have never seen a single DIN Cassette deck. Mine is double with large buttons, My expo has a Single Din AM/FM without cassette, Now that is a rare option to find in 2010!

Actually I think what your talking about is the rite one, I've seen pics of both styles and the one for my car has the cassete on top and big buttons on the bottom.

Brunoboy

Quoting sleeping1g:
Quoting vtecds1:

I'm curious to see what mine will go for down the road, I know 134k isn't low mileage but alot of VR4's I've seen are creeping up on 200k.

mines at 218,xxx with a second motor already.........

moidsm1

Ok,

I will take some pics of it tonite and post tomorrow for you.

vtecds1

Quoting sleeping1g:
Quoting vtecds1:

There's only a handful under 100k and I've heard of one being under 50k(but that was 2yrs ago).

Quoting moidsm1:
Ok,

I will take some pics of it tonite and post tomorrow for you.

Thanks, I just cant stand looking at the big empty hole anymore.

Quoting vtecds1:
Quoting sleeping1g:
Quoting vtecds1:

There's only a handful under 100k and I've heard of one being under 50k(but that was 2yrs ago).

Wow, under 50k is a rare find. I found my car at an auto repair shop and the owner of the shop didn't know what he had, I only paid $1,500 for it. I got it on a lien sale because the prior owners just left it, it runs and drives good but just needs a little cleaning up.

raptorWagon

Quoting brunoboy:

mines at 218,xxx with a second motor already.........

Not far behind you with 171k and undergoing a full rebuild.

moidsm1

Stock factory OEM radio cassette player from 1990 Galant GS MB541074
I have a friend with the same radio in much better condition. He may part with it.

Last edited:

Thats the exact one I'm looking for, I'm glad some people didn't throw theirs away. That would be great if you could talk to him about it for me, if I could get a pic of his also. It doesn't have to be perfect, just in good shape. Thanks again.

Brunoboy

Quoting vtecds1:
Quoting sleeping1g:
Quoting vtecds1:

Two years ago i almost bought a white vr4 with a blown motor, the cars chassis had 54,xxx on it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts