The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Winter mods- What are you up too?

Launch

Well finally getting back around to putting my vr4 back on the road, and we're approaching winter. Thank god im in Texas, i dont know how some of you guys put up with that much cold up north... With that being said, bring on the fun.

Pulling the trans that came with it out to upgrade the stock 140K clutch. not really sure what it is other than its the best shifting trans ive ever had and its got a real short 1st gear and beadblasted cases.
-Installing a built trans with a vr4 1st, welded center, along with a act2600 and flydanza flywheel
-Installing a Fp 20G-6SL2, Fp cast mani and custom 02/downpipe made by Brian wilson for internal setup
-Replacing front and rear wheel bearings, tie rods, and upgrading a few bushings and mounts.
-Need to powdercoat the 17x9 cobraRs i have in summit white and mount with some fresh tires /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Still gotta figure out what inj to get for it, and need dsm_link .. Trying to sell one of my cars to finish it right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

What are ya'lls plan for winter with your GVR4s?

CSMShaun

Parts I have to go on:

Back door 32x18x3(somethin like that) intercooler
Hard piping
Bastard 16g
Fial BOV
4 bolt LSD rear
New power steering rack w/ upgraded PS cooler
New VC w/ better breather hoses and catch can
3.5" bumper-drawn intake
650cc injectors
Complete rear urethane bushing kit

Parts I am buying to go on:

SD bundle from ECMLink
Electronic BCS from ECMLink
63mm 1g NA TB
Complete front urethane bushing kit
New springs and struts
New tires, fo da snow

I have been buying parts from a fallen Mitsubishi fanboy. He had been hoarding parts for years so I got a lot of good parts on the really cheap. Started taking stuff apart today while it was nice and warm, now it is cold and raining.

shredder2010

-rye dye carpet black
-find a set of seat belts for the front
-get the trans rebuilt
-act2600 clutch with street disk
-act lightwieght flywheel
-clean up the engine bay a bit
-figure out why my turbo whistles maybe get something bigger
-1200cc injectors
-clean he underbody up a bit
-lower the rear
Thats about all i can think of probably more things thats will pop up

Hondasi88

Front winshield replaced
Paint
New tires for the sub zero rims
Fix my trans/shifting issue

Boostdtalon

-putting the other engine together thats waiting at the machine shop now.
-gather the rest of the parts needed for the engine.
-second manifold
-oil/water lines for the turbo
-piping for IC

ducttapeguy

I'm installing a built motor with forged high compression pistons and shot peened 1g big rods. 272cams and basically just getting the damn thing back on the road. Its been almost a year.

vtecds1

-civic radiator
-FRH manifold
-lifters
-evo springs and retainers
-redo IC piping
-cams(maybe)
-powdercoat/polish/chrome the valve cover and new intake mani
-find out what the hell is making that clunking noise when I hit a bump

2of9

- evo 8 mas
- evo 8 suspension
- front ball joints and possibly get to the rear bushings
- dsmlink tune
- trying to source out a set of rims

This car is actually almost done for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Launch

lol ....nothing lik working in the garage on a nice winter friday in texas at 75 DEGREES! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Global warming for the win!

So i guess this thread is worthless without pics... I'll snap some progress pics this weekend for the thread, show the SL2 install with the OE SRT4 fmic.

Deciding whether to dump more money into the galant(rebuild engine suspension etc) or sell it and buy an EvoIX. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

citymunky

I'm getting rid of the GM MAF and going SD with DSMaps. I picked up LC-1 wideband with a red DB gauge. All I need is 4 bar MAP sensor, GM Inlet Air Temp Sensor and the Ostrich 2.0.

I'll be spending the next month moving into the new place, setting everything up and cleaning out the storage unit. I'll get my other engine on the stand and disassemble it/verify it's condition. Then at a minimum I'll get the head redone and hone the block, re-ring it and put new bearings in. I also intend on cleaning up the engine bay, installing the gauges and poly bushings I've got, and my FP Green. I have to send my trans back to jack, get that fixed, and figure out a different clutch setup. Or I might put the small block in my S-10, but I'd have to find a major issue with the galant to push me that way.

galant344

since i don't really have a garage, i really need to move out of my parents house, and the galant is sitting under a cover in the snow right now i won't be doing much to the car unfortunately. I will however be bolting the new engine and turbo set up together so that way its all ready to tear out the old motor and install the fresh new one this spring!!!! I cant wait!! I hope it all goes together and runs well for this summer

Put gas in and go I Drove mine to work today with 4 inches of snow all the way there

SmoothCustomer

If my car was in the garage I would have plenty to do, but instead the engine will be going to the machine shop to have some repairs made, and have the head checked for flatness. If the head is flat I will then assemble the motor and if not I will probably tear it down and do a low cost rebuild.

curtis

Finally cleaning mine up. Dumped a ton of stuff on ebay, Paul's crate is at the door and only a few small things left for his projects, my parts are organized and finally finishing other peoples stuff. Plus I vacuumed fully for the first time last week since 07

Someone is getting modded fogs in a few days Sorry had to show them off before you did. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DR1665

Those fogs are f*cking hawtness.

This winter, I've been stripping the shell on 195/2000 and just doing basic maintenance/repairs on 464/1000 as needed.

195 should be in Kent's artisan hands before Christmas, during which time I'll be cleaning out the garage and tinkering with the engine. I've got a Cyclone intake I'd like to try out and will be going speed density with DSMap when all is said and done. I still need to get a wideband and an Ostrich. Car also needs a clutch, brakes, brake lines, and tires.

Hoping to have it together and to Ridgecrest for rally school in February, then to High Desert Trails Rally in April. Gonna be a stretch.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts