The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Headunits? Anyone with a dvd single or double din?

Brunoboy

Does anyone have pics of their Indash screens, flip ups, or single din dvd players? and What models are they? I am looking for a new setup. Thanks
-Shane

acidrumz

I'm planning on installing a alpine w200. I recently modified the dsm stereo brackets to fit the gvr4 mounting pins. It sits pretty flush with console. Then i have to source out the molding for the surrounding plate/cover.

SmoothCustomer

I had one of those cheepie Dual brand single din flip screen dvd players (I still have it but I don't have a car to install it in right now). It was pretty cool, the touch screen worked good, it looked good when it was flipped up or down and the p/o installed a switch so it thinks the handbrake is on when it's not. The only problem was the cigarette lighter was in the way, so you either had to take it out or make the angle closer to 90*. I guess I don't have any pictures though. I thought I did.

This is a Kenwood DNX 5120, I prefer a unit with a knob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqv-9BZ7kgs

ehhh.. ignore the music, me talking to myself and any other crazy stuff. All I had laying around (music) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif. 1870 looks much nicer now, this is the only video I found showing the head unit quite a bit.

I was drunk and I already RMA'd the camera for its focus issues :p. yea yea, I fixed the gauges already too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Circuit

Having worked in car audio for almost 5 years, I really must say you get what you pay for. If you don't care about having space for gauges under the radio, then definitely go double DIN. Way more reliable and fairly easy to make a fake radio face to deter thieves. Only stick with quality brands like Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, Eclipse etc.

I have a Kenwood DNX8120 in my Protege and love it. Especially because of the Garmin based nav and clean 5V signal outputs

Brunoboy

Thanks guys, single din flips fit our cars? I thought it was a funny angle, and circuit, where do you work? And is your navi built in? How about usb aux and bluetooth?
-shane

Circuit

I worked as Car Audio sales supervisor at Circuit City in san mateo before it closed down.

And yeah the Kenwood has it all, built in Nav, usb x2, aux x3, bluetooth, etc. click

Brunoboy

Oh i know that circuit city, they never called me back after my interview aha. Nice deck but it is pricey.

Circuit

Oh Damn must have been a while back. I wouldn't have gotten it if I didn't have a high up connection at Kenwood at the.time. all car audio is marked up at least 50% so just keep searching and you will find a good deal.

Brunoboy

Oh ok, thanks, so does a 7' or 6.5' work in our car? And what do i do about the trim surround and brackets?

Circuit

6.5" or 7" doesn't matter since they are all a standard double DIN size. I would assume it fits, but haven't actually done one in the galant.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned