The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Just installed my stage 2 ACT clutch and Street Disk!

Sooo recently bought my evo 3 16g new by JUSMX, Car pulls hard on 20 psi, but clutch start slipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Bought a ACT2600 w. street disk brand newoff a member and grabs amazing!!!

Changed the rear main, no leaks.

Anyways, just thinking..no pix or anything, just thinking out loud on the org.

btw got some GM synchromesh...i likeee..

Last edited by a moderator:

I dont post much, but here is a last pic of her..dirtyyy

61784_752349738207_27612694

turbofonz

Don't be banging gears or shifting hard with that Syncromesh... it's too thin if you're starting to make power/drive hard. Just a FYI. you may get lucky and be ok.

dsmtalontsi95

Quoting turbofonz:
Don't be banging gears or shifting hard with that Syncromesh... it's too thin if you're starting to make power/drive hard. Just a FYI. you may get lucky and be ok.

Maybe not for big power but shep suggested it for his trans rebuilds
click /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

turbofonz

I'm a fan of redline MT90, maybe with a mix of lightwieght shockproof.

It all depends on driving/power though. GM Syncromesh is really basically straight 30 weight gear oil. It may be ok and shifts well, but if you like driving had/fast shifts, it's really a good idea to have something thicker in there

Wizardawd

You answered your own question, no leak equals no issue. Especially when you already have it back together. And if you are going to use synchromesh, use the pennzoil. 1/3 the price.

Wiz

alansupra94

^^^^

+1 I dunno why people buy the GM one. Its the same thing. I just put 3 quarts into my transmission and transfer case.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned