The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Jdm bumper covers a huge portion of the ETS intercooler any one mod it>?

onesickcrx

The Jdm bumper covers a huge portion of the ETS intercooler anyone mod it>? I was looking at my car friday night theres a lot of the intercooler thats covered up on the bottom of the bumper. My grill is cut out out and looks good but.... I'd like to have some more air flow going threw the intercooler. I am thinking about cutting something just like the RS bumper with the extra vent out just no vent... opinions thoughts?

turbowop

My bumper covers a ton of my intercooler, but I really don't see gaining anything noticeable and at the expense of making my bumper look hacked. I'm sure the parts that aren't getting hit by direct airflow are still wicking away heat from the charge air.

turbowop

Yeah, I cut out the slats, but I didn't go beyond the main OEM opening. I thought it looked better like that when I did it, but have since decided that's it looks good both ways. I just can't stand when guys open it way up like you see on some 1g or 2g DSM's with the bumper almost completely cut out for probably zero gain in power.

With the slats edes out without the slats for me. However I do agree if you are going to cut them out, do not cut beyond the factory opening.

Last edited by a moderator:

alansupra94

Yeah seriously it really won't make a huge difference.

If you REALLY want to "gain" whatever you can, the best option is to build a shroud like ones that the radiators have to divert air correctly.

^But dont use diamond plate to do it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

steve

Quoting crankwalk:
^But dont use diamond plate to do it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowroflr.gif

alansupra94

Did I miss some kind of inside joke? I don't think I have ever touched diamond plating....

SmoothCustomer

The world doesn't revolve around you mang. He was referring to a thread a couple weeks ago where someone made a shroud out of diamond plate.

onesickcrx

I am actually making the whole bumper out of diamond plate its a replica jdm bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif jk's

I went by my shop today and took another look. I am pretty sure I can feed at least 4 if not more rows of the intercooler by cutting a small section out... I like the look of the RS bumper with that extra area open so with some good measurements and good planning I don't see why you think it wouldn't look good, specially if I make it all flush with the intercooler and keep the jdm lip looking stock. I just picture it looking a little more like the evo3 front opening rather then our smaller one. I am more into function over the form but I don't want it ugly either and I am very picky lol

cheekychimp

Quoting alansupra94:
Did I miss some kind of inside joke? I don't think I have ever touched diamond plating....

Here you go!

blacksheep

I don't think I can do better, but I am being honest.... I hope that shroud pictured above is functional, coz it is hideous. Great idea, poor execution.

Tre3zy

is that thing for real of is it photoshop?

fuel

it's for real... unfortunately.

mitsuturbo

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ughdown.gif make it go away for the love of all that is holy!

sadly, i have a feeling those images will be etched into my brain forever... and continue to be reposted here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts