The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New throttlebody

brisvr4

Hey guys, I've just received a new 70mm throttle body that I bought from Ebay.
It's the same one that Slowboy etc have started selling for $299 on 'sale' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif
EbayThrottlebody!

It's a really nice looking piece, the isc etc bolts right up as does the TPS.
Only downside is that it has no vac ports on it.
I have plenty of pictures at home and will add them later.

Please don't flame me for buying from Ebay, I just thought some of you guys might be interested in this as it is a simple cheap upgrade.

cheekychimp

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif That looks exactly like the one I just put on my car and yes I did pay more than you did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Adorsey

Very nice. I had previously installed my tb that I shipped out to Steve at throttlebodys.com
-5mm difference between youres and mine. But deffinatly not a hater!
img.php

alansupra94

Quoting brisvr4:
Hey guys, I've just received a new 70mm throttle body that I bought from Ebay.
It's the same one that Slowboy etc have started selling for $299 on 'sale' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif
EbayThrottlebody!

It's a really nice looking piece, the isc etc bolts right up as does the TPS.
Only downside is that it has no vac ports on it.
I have plenty of pictures at home and will add them later.

Please don't flame me for buying from Ebay, I just thought some of you guys might be interested in this as it is a simple cheap upgrade.

Bah, its not like those vac ports are useful. I plan on getting some kind of SMIM and then just tapping/welding on some fittings.

grocery_getter

I just never like the single sided shaved TB shaft. I'd rather run one with a split shaft.

Adorsey

Like a half shaft? or full shaft?

G

Staff member
Looks decent, i'd wonder about the quality of the seals etc............Is it made in Singapore?

brisvr4

It's made in Malaysia. There are a few guys over there running already with good results.

Bugger Paul! That sucks mate, I am the bargain king!!

curtis

I had to take a stock shaft this summer from a 3000 unit I had and shave it down and open it up for a buddy of mine, he has had the half shaft modded one from Throttlebodies.com for a few years now and the shaft actually broke across one of the screw holes while he was driving. Lucky it didn't go full throttle but hung at like 4K and he had to shut it down and coast to a stop. Nothing against the overbored units and could have had a fissure in the shaft long before it was modded up.. it does happen.

cheekychimp

Quoting brisvr4:
It's made in Malaysia. There are a few guys over there running already with good results.

Bugger Paul! That sucks mate, I am the bargain king!!

Nah, good on you I say. I'm so chuffed it solved all my other issues it could have cost me twice what it did and I'd still be happy. Might tell Ken though I'm sure he's thinking of getting more. Just for your information, I wasn't there when Ken fitted this (I dropped the car off at his shop whilst I was at work) but he said either the ISC or the TPS didn't bolt right up and needed slight modification. I don't think it was much but just a heads up. I'd be interested to hear if you run into any similar issues or not.

brisvr4

Interesting Paul. My ISC and TPS both bolted up with no problems at all. Perhaps you had an early model?

cheekychimp

Yeah I had a 1990, perhaps that's the difference then. So a 1991 onwards bolted straight up?

OMFGeofffff

This looks like the same one? If so I might be interested in going this route with a new cold side ic setup instead of getting my spare tb rebuilt. Hmmmmm decisions decisions.

spooling92vr4

paul I think with the 1990 tb the bottom piece cannot be taken off.

that throttle body looks like its machined well might be worth a shot

brisvr4

Quoting OMFGeofffff:
This looks like the same one? If so I might be interested in going this route with a new cold side ic setup instead of getting my spare tb rebuilt. Hmmmmm decisions decisions.

That does look like the same one that I got. Man car stuff is getting cheap!

cheekychimp

Quoting spooling92vr4:
paul I think with the 1990 tb the bottom piece cannot be taken off.

I'll check that out! Thanks. I love mine, it has solved so many issues and the idle is rock steady. Tthe only issue I have with it is that it has a slightly high idle that I don' seem to be able to get any lower. It's only about 1,000 rpms but it seems so much better when it sits at about 750-800 rpms. Thing I noticed though is that at night it DOES idle at 800 rpms. Turning on my fogs and headlights drops my rpms by 200. I'm assuming that convenient though that is for getting a good idle that it is neither good nor normal? Is that a grounding issue?

Last edited:

Spam

I got mine in a few weeks ago too and just now got around to opening the box...it no doubt looks sweet and appears to be constructed well. Came with a gasket and BISS/O-ring.

I'll try to get some pics of one mounted on a Magnus manifold with a FIAV block off and TPS installed within the next couple of days.

EJ045

i have a question..in that throttle body, there is a male plug, the one at the left portion.. what is that for?

cheekychimp

^ Do you mean on the eBay throttle body that is linked to in the first post or on the photograph of the stock OEM throttle body above?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned