The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Headlights

I bought the car with an HID kit in it and got a ticket for them being too bright. I want to get just normal white headlights and was wondering i anyone has done this and how should i do this.

Diego

You mean just putting the regular bulbs back in? Is your housing different then stock headlight housings?

You could always look into HIR bulbs. The filament is in the same spot so the reflectors work like they were designed to do but the bulb is about 75% brighter at the same wattage.

The color temperature is about 3600K so slightly whiter than standard halogen.

HIR 9012 bulbs replace the 9006 and HIR 9011 replaces 9005.

cheekychimp

"Too bright"? How the hell did the officer measure that? Don't your tickets have statutory offences with the sections of law listed for each offence? If so what does it say under that section of law? "Any headlight fitted to a motor vehicle must not exceed 500 lumens or xx,000 candlepower"? Good grief!

Whoodoo

I'm sure its one of those tickets where all you have to do is go contest it and they will drop it. Basically they are revenue generators because people will pay the fine in order to avoid a hassle. I got a parking ticket on a sunday because they started construction on the sidewalk during the time I was away from the car. It wasn't worth the 45 bucks of my time/effort/gas to go down on a thursday to contest it, so I just paid it and was pissed for a while.

Anyways, back to the subject....

Yeah the officer said they blinded her vision haha. And she said they were blue and i talked to a traffic officer and he said no where in the law does it say how bright they can be they just cant be blue, red, or green.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned