The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Where should I go next? (mod list)

I'm looking for opinions here guys. I have a bunch of ways to spend my money, I just don't have enough money to do all the stuff. Here is an extended list of mods currently on my car.

Suspension:
Stock springs
Monroe struts
Stock sway bars
Energy Sus. control arm bushings

Engine:
Stock rebuild - approx 50k miles
ARP head studs
Ported 2G exh mani
B16g
FMIC
2.25" piping
Chinabay Type S BOV, recirc'd
NT throttle body
ISC/FIAV block off
1990 Oil filter housing

Engine electronics/fuel:
Keydiver ecu/chip
Stock MAF
750's
Afpr
Walbro 255 rewired
AEM tru boost BC

Drivetrain:
Jacks Transmissions build
ACT 2600 6 puck
RRE no-name flywheel
All new clutch hydraulics
4-Bolt LSD rear
5 lug conversion
4WS elimination

Tires, wheels, brakes:
225/50R17
4G eclipse wheels
Stock brakes
SS flexible lines
New master cylinder

Exterior:
1993 headlights
JDM fenders
Infamous bumper mod

Exhaust:
FP O2 housing, atmospheric WG dump
2.5" to 3" mandrel bent DP
3" cat or 3" test pipe
3" press bent cat-back
Dual exit magnaflow muffler
Dual stainless tips

Cooling:
Stock radiator
One 12" and one 10" pusher fan
8" X 10" oil cooler

Uninstalled parts:
FP green turbocharger
Energy susp. front subframe bushings
WB O2, EGT, oil pressure gauges

I have another engine that is supposed to contain evo pistons, but it needs a full timing job, new lifters, a complete reseal, and ARP head studs before I'd consider putting it in.

I'm looking at getting coilovers, but I'll need smaller diameter tires first, and these ones I have still have some life. I want a different O2 housing/ external wastegate before I put the Green on. I'm looking at cams, a gm maft, a FP race exh mani, hawk brake pads, upgraded rotors, some type of fuel controller and/or ignition timing controller, a better rear sway bar, strut tower bars, some type of upgraded ignition. I need to get my tranny fixed. I feel like I'm stuck in between bunch of needed stuff though, and I know I need something in the suspension department. I'm making too much power for the stock setup. All opinions are appreciated, and if you all think I'm completely missing something, please speak up. Thanks.

number3

With these two items:

ACT 2600 6 puck
RRE no-name flywheel

You should have one of these...

www.three-speed.com

I will through in the shipping and that is not cheap to CO.

Are those seriously that likely to explode? You've got me nervous now.
Thanks for the quick reply anyhow.

C'mon fella's. Most everyone here loves to throw 2 cents in the hat. This one is easy and there's no wrong answer. I just wanna know what you would do in my shoes.

524of1000

Evo 8 ECU, Evo MAF, Evo8 Valvetrain, upgrade Cams, put the uninstalled turbo on and tune that sh*t. Maybe bigger injectors and E85. If you already have the Evo pistons, swap them out of that engine and put them in yours and re-ring/ re-hone the block. It sounds like you have a good start already, look for things that will compliment what you have.

belize1334

It depends on where you want to go with the car and what kind of driving you like.

But, the most obvious bottleneck is the stock MAF. Definitely get a 2G or 3G/Evo MAF and have keydiver burn you a new chip. Then, IMHO you should be looking at a quality suspension setup before you think about more power... I'd say sell you FP turbo and pickup some suspension bits.

3G MAF
Front / Rear sway bars (RM, Whiteline, ST)
Camber bolts or plates if you get 2.5" springs
Front Caster bushings
Quality shocks (not AGX or D2 or KSport but something better like Konis or hotbits if you have the cash)
Nice stiff springs (something in the 300lb front, 200lb rear range for streetability and performance).

curtis

evo suspension..... struts and springs are still in my opinion the best bang for the buck if you can get a low mileage setup.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts