The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wicked NZ mitsubishi's

Whoodoo

Mitusbishi-Eterna-ZR-4-fq-690x460.jpg
:drool:

Chad989of2000

Very nice rides there.

Did anyone else notice the ikea shifter in that VR4? I had emailed these guys about one for the galant and I was told they didnt make one looks like they do now or this guy figured out how to make the evo one work for a galant. Basically it works like a sequential gear box but you still have to use the clutch. See link below to see what I am talking about....The Ikeya Formula sequential shifter converts convential H pattern shift to a sequential up and down shift mechanism.This one is for a 180sx but you get the idea...pay attention to 1:18-1:20 and 1:31 and again at 3:03 of the video..........

click

img.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Whoodoo

Wow. Pointless unless you are trying to grab a few tenths and you have no more options. Seems like a huge PITA for any kind of normal driving situation. If you drag, fine. If you autocross, sequential can be nice too. Anything else, whats the point?

mitsuturbo

Quoting Whoodoo:
:drool:

Too much wheel for my taste. Where are the lower front lights?
Other than that, it looks really good.

H05TYL

Quoting Blown1:
Did anyone else notice the ikea shifter in that VR4? I had emailed these guys about one for the galant and I was told they didnt make one looks like they do now or this guy figured out how to make the evo one work for a galant. Basically it works like a sequential gear box but you still have to use the clutch. See link below to see what I am talking about....The Ikeya Formula sequential shifter converts convential H pattern shift to a sequential up and down shift mechanism.This one is for a 180sx but you get the idea...pay attention to 1:18-1:20 and 1:31 and again at 3:03 of the video..........

click

img.php

The car in question uses a dog-box also, so no need to clutch on the up-shifts.

Speedtech motorsport have developed an air-shift system to work with it also, for drag racing.

Quoting Whoodoo:
Wow. Pointless unless you are trying to grab a few tenths and you have no more options. Seems like a huge PITA for any kind of normal driving situation. If you drag, fine. If you autocross, sequential can be nice too. Anything else, whats the point?

Are you serious dude? How about no more missed shifts? and you dont need a dogbox that particular car just had one...

Last edited by a moderator:

H05TYL

Quoting Whoodoo:

Hill climb, circuit, basically anytime you're racing and want to go faster.

85tr

Why is everyone in the youtube videos shifting so slow with this thing?

mrnvit

synchro boxes dont play the greatest with them, more suited to a dog box.

Link to the Ikeya formula shifter and some not so slow shifting not all dogboxes cars either check out the lotus and the first subie...
click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned