The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

RRT Galant

DynastyLCD

not me, just some locals from CT.

click

curtis

repost but still bad ass

Believe it or not that car is running a bolt on 35R.
That kid is sick with his transmission builds great
guy Raif helped me out quite a bit and knows his sh*t....

381gvr4

I'm running to meet up with him today. Very nice guy!!!! Sick launch!

EMX5636

Is this probably the fastest Galant? I was just looking to see if CFT's has gone faster, but couldn't find anything in the 9's.

Justin,
I think the fastest CFT went is 9.8_ once & then they got sponsored & were testing turbos. The fastest they went was on a Greddy T88H before the sponsorship. They got a Garrett sponsored turbo & could not make the same power or run the same time. Last I talk to Rolo they were going to switch back to the T88H. They made 1004 awhp on the Greddy T88H.

Quoting EMX5636:
Is this probably the fastest Galant? I was just looking to see if CFT's has gone faster, but couldn't find anything in the 9's.

he is very close the fastest one is still the vr4 from down under 9.51

click

EMX5636

Garfield, I know he wasn't very happy with his turbo switch, I just couldn't find any runs under 10s. It is cool that a few people are still out there to represent GVR4's...

I guess I shouldn't rely on seeing US cars going real fast since most of the cars are in the rest of the world. That's a cool VR4 from Australia.

Adorsey

You guys in Ct should go up to Lebanon Valley on wednesday night.

This was an awesome pass to watch, Raif is the man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

I will go this wednesday if they are having a test and tune session time to
see what this bad boy can do with all the time and money I have put in lol...

Adorsey

Yup!
* I wish I could drive mine up, but im JSB right now ahaha. Definatly by the end of the fall It should be good.

Last edited:

Adorsey

GVR4 trans, just rebuilt with new Mitsu parts, video is with gvr4 first gear, welded center diff.

[quoting:] Blown1
That kid is sick with his transmission builds great
guy Raif helped me out quite a bit and knows his sh*t....

I cant say how its done, but its something hes got on lock!

Raif is known mostly for building custom gear boxes depending on use for that customer.
From that video I would think that it had the shorter dsm 1st gear but he is always coming
up with some new combos that seem to just work he is a pretty good driver too. His street driven
evo runs 10's and is not even as extreme as some of the other builds I have seen and btw his gf
dd evo runs low 11's both cars are full weight with ac/ps etc all intact... The last time I was there it had
the bolt on 35r with a dsm manifold and a 6 puck clutch that he was putting in that
day looks like it turned out pretty good....

Last edited by a moderator:

Oobie

What do you think parts that most the big companies use in the transmissions other then ppg gear sets are? They are stock mitsu parts. Regardless if they are from a gvr4, evo3, dsm. They are all factory parts. And the turbo that is on that car sounds like its a hta86. That's the only dsm flanged turbo that can produce that kind of power that will move a heavy as car as these vr4's that we have.

brisvr4

^^ I think you will find that he meant that he wasn't on a dog box. And it was stated that it is on a bolt on 35R in another thread by someone who knows him and was there. I am pretty sure the words HTA86 were never mentioned but I could well be reading it wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif It was also stated that it was stripped out. I guess people shouldn't jump to conclusions!
click me

Dude you should read before making assumptions again I was there when he was putting this thing together to go to the dsm shootout. As a matter of fact I was helping him and his brother hold up the tranny to put on the new clutch and it is a bolt on 35R saw it with my own eyes as for the tranny parts see what I posted. He puts together his own combos its for the same reason his dd evo runs low 10's on a pte6262. He makes stuff go faster than they should take a look at his old race car a 9sec dsm(sold) as for being a heavy car well this bitch is gutted so not heavy at all.I am not just talking out of my ass I know him personally and is my go to guy when I get stuck he had 500hp galant before this one which makes more power than the white one he parted out.

What do you think parts that most the big companies use in the transmissions other then ppg gear sets are? They are stock mitsu parts. Regardless if they are from a gvr4, evo3, dsm.They are all factory parts and the turbo that is on that car sounds like its a hta86. That's the only dsm flanged turbo that can produce that kind of power that will move a heavy as car as these vr4's that we have.

Last edited by a moderator:

No dude you were dead on he just knows how to make sh*t go fast by the
way his brother drives a fast ass MR also wish my car would go as fast
as some of the rides he produces again he knows his sh*t.....

Quoting brisvr4:
^^ I think you will find that he meant that he wasn't on a dog box. And it was stated that it is on a bolt on 35R in another thread by someone who knows him and was there. I am pretty sure the words HTA86 were never mentioned but I could well be reading it wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif It was also stated that it was stripped out. I guess people shouldn't jump to conclusions!
click me

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts