The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Before vs. After tail lights

Terry Posten

Stock 1992 GVR4 rear (will be fore sale in an hour in the PS section)

Now with 1990 plain-jane rear (I think they came off a 90 anyway)

What do you think?

Last edited:

It's funny. Honda guys buy the DX civic and slap all of the SI parts on the outside. Mitsubishi guys go top shelf and work backwards.

Terry Posten

I would have liked to keep the 92 set but could not find a perfect "VR4" chrome part. It was the last body part to be replaced for a finished restore job.

This winter I will be taking it back to the painter so he can touch up 1 chip on a door handle and completely buff and polish the car. I could not have it done last year because I blew up the tranny and she sat for 6 months waiting for the EVO III box.

I may have some professional pics taken afterwards because I just can't do it justice.

Nartanian

It makes the car seem to have an older look to it. I like it though, it's definitely different.

2of9

I like it. I like the 89-90 rear lights. Not on the priority list but if I find a set for a good price locally, I'm definitely gonna pick it up.

Last edited:

SouthCaliVR4

I too am quite happy with my 91 lights. I definitely prefer them to the alternatives, though after seeing eu lights in another thread...

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

I don't like the 92 lights either, but due to their rarity, i'll be keeping them on the car.

IncorpoRatedX

i rock 90's, prefer them over 91's, which i prefer over 92's. Looks good.

cheekychimp

I still have a set of 90s up with the rest of my parts. I still haven't decided which car to put them on yet, but it will probably be the stock car.

464/2K

The '92's are a more modern look, so I like them. Wait around and find a nice set of '92s.

maroonmetallic

Quoting Terry Posten:
I would have liked to keep the 92 set but could not find a perfect "VR4" chrome part.

Im thinking the sets that have GSR in them are more rarer.

Just sayin'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Shawn

Terry Posten

What do you mean Shawn? I never made any comment about rarity or such, just that I don't see the need to swap in a different parts than what came stock unless I can't get the stock part anymore.

You wont find "JDM" parts on 425 or 93 headlights. I just want the cleanest car I can get with the limited funds I have and my own personal skills can obtain.

I did go to clear front corners but that was because they were cheaper than getting new 92 corners (my old ones were really showing their age /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif).

NateCrisman

I must be the oddball, but I like the shape of 92 taillights the best. Something about the angles around the lisc plate just works for me. although I HATE how the clear/silver on the trunk piece NEVER matches the clear bottom row on the side tail lights. I'v never seen a setof 92 lights that match up right, the sides are always cloudy.

89 tails have to much "blocky horizontal" feel to me, Iv got a set here that came off my last GVR4 and I just dont like them at all.

Last edited:

stealthtt24

Quoting turbowop:
'91 lights are my favorite and I hate '92 lights, so the older ones are an improvement, IMO.

QFT. I despise 92 lights, although I love the 92 wheels. I bought 89 lights and now they are up for sale because of the fact that I don't like them either!

Spott

Both look good to me Terry, good job.

Brunoboy

Looks good, i rock 89-90 tails on mine aswell

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned