The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Unknown build log

LordAthey

Last weekend me and my buddy started tearing down my vr4 here are some pics waiting to get an engine crane to pull the motor out.

Last edited:

LordAthey

well I'm just waiting for a cherry picker to get the motor out. Also waiting to see if iI'm going to buy this jdm block rebuild with 1000 miles on it. So hope everything works out need it done by winter. ha ha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

mitsuturbo

if you're not going to run that engine, you may not need an engine crane

before i had one, i'd drop the transmission, then pull the head and manifolds, then just drop the block out the bottom

NateCrisman

get a couple wheel dolleys and a pallet.
raise car up, disconnect all the main subframe bolts. (make sure the upper shock mounts and side engine moutns are still on).
lower the lift until the subframes are sitting on the pallet
unbolt side engine mounts, shock upper mounts, and steering rack knuckle
lift car up while engine/trans/subframes/axles/suspension stay on the pallet.

forget the cherry picker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

mitsuturbo

Quoting NateCrisman:
get a couple wheel dolleys and a pallet.
raise car up, disconnect all the main subframe bolts. (make sure the upper shock mounts and side engine moutns are still on).
lower the lift until the subframes are sitting on the pallet
unbolt side engine mounts, shock upper mounts, and steering rack knuckle
lift car up while engine/trans/subframes/axles/suspension stay on the pallet.

forget the cherry picker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

don't forget.. brake lines & abs wires

LordAthey

Well looks like friday were going to drop it out with the pallet idea unless I can get a engine hoist by then. I will upload some pics of the damage once we get it out.

LordAthey

Update!!! got the motor apart bearings are bad or anything. The only thing i could find wrong was the one of the wrist pins on the piston was bad. Dropped off the crankshaft and the piston at the machine shop today. Going to get the crank hot tanked and miced. Also while pulling the motor apart i found out it had je 8:5:1 pistons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif was i excited .... oh yes i was. So anyways just waiting for those to get back and waiting for my acl bearings. Should have it done soon once the parts come in.

LordAthey

finally after many weekends (the only time i've had to work on it) I have finally got my car running with no oil leaks or any leaks for that matter. Once I get a chance this weekend i will post some pics and let you guys know how it drives.

LordAthey

yea here was the car back in the day Galant vr4 when i bought it from my friend it was falling apart. I managed to get it running till the bearing blew. Once i get it up and running I'm going to start focusing on the body. One bad thing is the bumper is shot and i need a lip (the lip above the bumper below the headlights). Other then that the car looks good and only has a little rust where some paint got scrapped off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

LordAthey

So I decided that im going to keep this car a daily. Im going to restore it, I have decided to install evo 8 interior and redye the carpet and a repaint. Im hoping to get some of this done during the summer I will post pictures once I start on my project.

LordAthey

Well its falling apart to me lol. Its actually in nice condition I just want it in better condition and try to make it look a lot nicer.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts