The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Movement in brake pedal when starting car?

Boostdtalon

It just started this today. When I start the car the brake pedal will fluctuate. It will move towards the floor but no more than an 1/8 inch and than immediately return. Brake fluid levels are normal and I had the brake pads and rotors replace over a month ago. There are no other issues with the brakes. I'm not sure how I should go about investigating this. I'm thinking maybe its something to do with the ABS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Anyone ever dealt with this issue?

bmod530

As soon as you start your car your brake booster receives a vacuum, decreasing pedal effort. Should be a normal symptom. 1/8" is minor.

bmod530

If it functions normally afterwards I don't see a problem. One test is to pump the pedal up until it is hard *with the car off*. Then when still keeping a heavy foot on the brake pedal, start the car. Should receive normal vacuum from your description and become operational.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned