The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

211's new shoes and Swift lowering springs

The factory size 195/60-15s just weren't cutting it with the Evo suspension. I wanted something that would handle the curves better without spending a huge amount of money. I got some Focal F09 16x7 with 225/50-16 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus from Tire Rack. The wheels aren't super nice lightweight race wheels, but they'll serve their purpose as a fun to drive DD.

I was a little uncertain how the bronze would look with the grey. I think it turned out very nice. I really like it.

Anyways, thought I'd share.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobdole

Nice wheels. Looks clean

curtis

I personally always liked the fat tire look on these cars. Approved, looks good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Thanks guys. I must say the tires can definately keep up with the Evo suspension. Car handles great now.

Since the fat tires have given the car a bit of an "off-road" stance (not all bad considering it's a rally car) I ordered some Swift lowering springs. There are lots of good reviews on these springs on Evom. I'll post some pics once I get them installed.

blackvr4

Car looks great man! and the wheels look great too! keep her clean!

ApexHunter

That really is a nice drop. Has a nice functional look to it, one of my favorite aspects of the evo suspension is the travel. Soaks up bumpy back roads very well. I've only experienced evo suspension on an evo however since curb weight and weight distribution are similar i'd venture to guess it performs similar in that respect.

mitsuturbo

Quoting BKatter:
I just don't like the '92 taillights and badging.

Same here, but i doubt i'll change mine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned