The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Intake Pipe - What fits better?

Dan D

What fits better and clears the wastegate actuator given this setup:
E316g on 2g manifold, stock radiator and fan, trunk mounted battery, ETS IC pipes

a.) 3" pipe with a 3" to 2.25" silicon reducer
b.) Pipe that tapers down to 2.75" and uses a straight coupler (like the dejon pipes)

I'm thinking that if I get new intake pipe I should get one with a 3" outlet and use a reducer. Then if I upgrade to a 50trim or the like, I don't need another new pipe. I just don't know how that fits with stock radiator fan. Anyone with experience or verification that a 3" pipe with a reducer fits on a 16g and doesn't hit the fan shroud, please chime in.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I have a 3" Dejon pipe with reducer at the turbo (E316g). It is tight and slighty contacts the fan shroud. I put a pad on it there, but it wears some.

I did also relocate the fan resistor normally mounted to the shroud.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned