The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

16" wheels that fit 3000GT VR4 Brakes?

Ralli380Gvr4

Just curious if anyone on the board has successfully set up 16's and 3000GT calipers?

I know a while back there was discussion about TE-37's clearing with the right offset, anyone found any other options?

Post some pics and the specs. Thanks in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Last edited:

Tre3zy

i think the minimum is 17" with a +38 offset....

H05TYL

Offset doesn't matter, it's spoke shape that is important (japanese co's refer to this as high-disk)

My 16x8 plus 32 volk te37s fit and my Forgelie RS in the same size fit. It has to do with the spoke design.

What Crankwalk said. However, offset is also critical. The thing with the 16" wheels that will clear the calipers is that they're not cheap. As long as you're willing to shell out $1600+ just for wheels & another $600 for tires go for it. Otherwise I keep coming back to the Evo oem wheels. They're lightweight (as light as 17 lbs), 17x8+38 & can be found used in good condition from $450-$900.

Ralli380Gvr4

You are right Garfield, EVO 8's for $350 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just got these back from powder coaters when I was back in NM a few weeks ago, turned out great and have KDW sport's mounted up. At this point I'm just day dreaming about fitting 16"s and was curious if anyone had any pictures of them mounted. Thanks for the responses.

Last edited:

GeorgeBillings

I'm not completely sure. I've seen some Rota slips fit over Evo Brembo's.

It requires spacers. But there is a local here with the Slipstreams on stock brakes. I think the Brembo's are slightly bigger than 3kgt's

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned