The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1667/2000 got New rings, Paint, New Tranny

Vman911

Well most of you know I destroyed my 1st gear at track 4 weeks ago. I decided to pull motor and re-ring it Since the pistons were used from a friend. (Evo8 pistons)
In the process I installed new rings, new head and fresh paint. Rebuild a 93 tranny with a Evo3 HD Input shaft, Evo3 first gear, and dual 2nd gear syncro setup. Fresh paint on tranny also. Motor is installed and awaitning clutch to finish it up.

Vinman

broxma

Man when you said paint you weren't kidding. It's clean as the inside of a bottle of bleach but shiny shiny shiny. Looks good though. I'm just for a matte/flat black guy myself.

/brox

curtis

Hey Vinny theres a gnat in the paint. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IncorpoRatedX

put the spray paint down and step away from the car

Brianawd

Mexi Chrome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Looks good. I wouldn't recommend painting any high temp parts. It'll look good untill you put a couple miles of hard pulls on it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif put down the paint and step away from the vehicle....OMFG

1badgvr4

Its kinda funny i've seen this car get beat on and driven hard all the time and it still looks better under the hood did than your car did when it was new. Stop bashing his hard work cause your engine bay looks like trash.

Looks good Vinny. Now you just need a SS exhaust manifold, turbine housing (which usually suck unfortunately), and o2 housing and it will be shiny beyond what it already is.

Vman911

The compressor housing is polished, Its old and used I polished it best I could. The o2 housing is S.S. just purple from heat. The exhaust is a Hafe S.S. manifold.
I'm waiting on turbo to go so I can chage setup. If I ever sell that shell I'm building a 6 bolt for it.
Tranny paint is Dulupi color Chrome.
Clutch is in tomorrow and should be running by sun.

Curtis, don't be hating cause your is build is going on 4yrs now. LOL

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts