The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM grille badge

anyone who has one of these badges have a picture of the back side of it? I want to see how it mounts on the grille

Thanks

fuel

This is how CAPS depicts it is mounted, it has a securing bracket behind it and a couple of screws.

caps_grille.jpg

misterfixit

its the bendy tab mounting for the chicken wire grill,

the bracket and screws are for the slatty grill.

rich

maroonmetallic

Any better pictures or can anybody get pricing on the following?

97162b
97288b or c

Regards,
-Shawn

Diego

Mr fixit can you get any of those grille emblems... our american dealerships don't carry or can't find them I just called the mitsu here.

misterfixit

should be available here. bought all but the front grill badge for mine here. (i had the grill badge already) shoot some part numbers and i'll get some pricing. also if a specifircversion i need a matching vin (one that shows up the configuration) to order with.

i have a library of various vins to order with but some of the more rare combos i don't have covered. Was going to ask about a super saloon badge so this can be my excuse to call the dealer.

Rich

Diego

97002- tuned by amg
97814_ big amg
97892- monte carlo
97047- full time 4wd emblem..

These cannot be had at either dealership near me... if you get these I will pay for your troubles.

MMCVR4

There is also an AMG logo for the rear bumper, but it might be the same part as the front bumper.

Ralli380Gvr4

What is a "super saloon," I've heard of it before but what exact trim model is it? and what makes it special?

Diego

^^ same... aren't they just 2.0 awd with cloth interior?.... and that is one for the fulltime awd is what I want. Order two for me and I will pay, again for your troubles and great service to us unfortunate usdms. Haha

MMCVR4

Quoting Ralli380Gvr4:
What is a "super saloon," I've heard of it before but what exact trim model is it? and what makes it special?

Nothing really special about them. It's a 1.8L N/T SOHC A/T FWD, but it has some nice JDM exterior parts.

fuel

depends on the market - in New Zealand and Europe the Super Saloon is a 2.0 SOHC MPI FWD either 5 speed manual or automatic. Our domestic model Galants of that era were assembled here and had up to 30% local content, the interiors which were made from local materials had horrid patterns to them on the Super Saloon model.

misterfixit

i know. i'll have to scan the nz brochure i have!

Super saloons were never sold in europe, just the middle east, asia, HK and NZ

Rich

Ralli380Gvr4

cool, thanks for the insight.

pmp285

and phil

im using a super saloon body but 2g eclipse engine... in stock form, its a fwd 4g37 1.8L engine, carb type, rear drum brakes and brown or grey interior

Last edited:

MMCVR4

Are the fender side markers standard on the Super Saloons or did you add them on?

Last edited:

fuel

it depends on the market, some had them and some don't. None of the NZ models had them.

fuel

Quoting pmp285:

and phil

im using a super saloon body but 2g eclipse engine... in stock form, its a fwd 4g37 1.8L engine, carb type, rear drum brakes and brown or grey interior

Over here our 4G37 powered model was the 'GLX', and was basically the same with a carb engine, drum brakes, grey interior, wind up windows, black door handles and mirrors, key barrel in petrol flap etc. There was a GL which was 4G32 powered which was lesser spec still (no tachometer, 13" wheels).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned