The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Engine's oil galley diagram

BoostedAWD91

Does anyone have any good pictures or diagrams of the 4g63's oil and water jackets. I looked through the Factory manual and couldnt find any and i need to see exactly how the oil passages are run throughout the head and block

Last edited:

BoostedAWD91

yeah somewhat. Im trying to figure out exactly where the oil galley in the exhaust side of the cylinder head goes. Does it go straight through the block to the oil pan?

Barnes

The hole for the drain? As far as the oil supply to the head it comes in at the front-left of the block (standing in front of your bumper looking at the motor. The oil then comes through the cylinder head above the valves, and from there goes to the oil distribution block. If I remember correctly there are "rails" that run down the length of the cylinder head where oil passages branch off and supply oil to the lifters and then the cam bearings.

The engine block is fairly straight forward. On the crank pulley side of the block you will find a hole where the oil comes in from the oil filter housing after it has been filtered and cooled. The main oil galley is a straight shot to the flywheel side of the block. You can see a hex socket head taper plug there where the hole was sealed after being bored during manufacture. Right around there that is where the oil branches to go to the cylinder head. There are branches along the whole length of this main oil galley to supply the main bearings.

BoostedAWD91

Yea I'm referring to the drain around #3 cylinder on the exhaust side which goes through the head gasket. A valve keeper feel down it so I'm trying to figure out where it would of went and how to get it out

If my memory serves me correctly, this is where the drain hole is located in the head.

img.php

Last edited:

Barnes

Hmmm. Well. If I can roll my long block out from the side of the garage I'll take a pic for yah.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned