The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Whiteline Rear End Links **Installed w/Pictures**

I've been working with Whiteline on this ever since I became a dealer & I can finally say that we've made huge progress. This came about as I got asked by board members for this part. Whiteline didn't offer it & members that purchased the rear swaybars were stuck. I sent some measurements over to Whiteline & am happy to report that I should have parts to test by the middle of next week. If all goes well, we will finally have a solution for replacement end links with the Whiteline Rear Sway Bar.

With that said, I also have a shipment of front & rear sway bars coming in from Whiteline in the next couple of weeks. Some members have been waiting for close to 7 weeks, thanks for your patience. I'm throwing this out there just in-case anyone was thinking of ordering a bar, now is the time to do it. This way you won't have to wait for them to be built. I did order a couple extra but they go fast. Just go to the site & click on the item you need Whiteline Parts

Last edited by a moderator:

JSchleim18

Any possibility on getting a few extra endlink "boots" I guess? They cover the heim joint on the endlinks.

Thanks

SleepinGVR4

Awesome GW that's great news! Sign me up for a set of rear end links to go with the sway bar I'm waiting on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BoostedAWD91

Great to hear Garfield, thanks again for the continued effort to get me the rear endlinks!

Are these available yet? The end links on the site are listed for the front.

EDIT - BTW, are the end links necessary to install a rear swaybar (stock can not be used, or DNE)?

And, does a rear sway bar kit on TunersNation include bushings and/or end links?

Diego

Another question.... what size would someone buy if they just wanted it for cruising? What do the different sizes 22,24 etc etc benifit?

From what I've read, balancing of the roll stiffness front vs. rear affects the grip and breakaway characteristics. Stiffening one end tends to induce breakaway sooner on that end. So, I am ordering a big 26mm rear sway bar and a rear strut tower bar, but am going to use only a front strut tower bar with the stock front sway bar.

I'm thinking this will make the rear more slide happy.

Cruising in a straight line, I don't think that it makes much of a difference. Cruising like modest reduction in body roll, I'd go smaller end of the scale front and rear.

I think the stock GVR4 front swaybar is 21mm, but the T/E/L is a 19mm. So, even though they are interchangeable, buying a T/E/L 'upgrade' might be even softer than stock.

JSchleim18

So what was the word on the end-links Jesse was "machining" to fit for the rears. Was that all just BS talk or will they work?

Also, GW, can you get the yellow boots that cover the heim joint from debris? I would like to get a few for extras if possible?

Finally, we were able to install the rear endlinks on my stock sway bar. Everything went smooth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif I've relayed the info back to Whiteline & I'm waiting to hear back on pricing & availability. There were some differences between the length of the Whiteline bolts (longer) vs. the oem ones but that didn't interfere with anything at all. My endlinks had to be the original ones. I know I've never changed them in the 8 years of owning this car.

Tools required: 14mm deep socket, 17mm deep socket 12mm wrench/spanner

Onto the pictures:

We also did the fronts as well.

mitsuturbo

I find it hilarious that your location shows you in FL, yet your gloves have "WESTERN" safety emblazoned across them.

Romanova

Whiteline offered front ones awhile ago.... I have a set on my car as well as the rear bar links... I think I got them both from Mofugas about 2003.....

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting Garfield Wright:

Time to clean that right front wheel area.

kitcho

what sort of difference will the rear end links make? I did my fronts and the oem replacements i put in are great.

Also, what is pricing/availability for the rear links?

thanks

Quoting iceman69510:
Quoting Garfield Wright:

Time to clean that right front wheel area.

I drive this car everyday so cleaning the undercarriage would be a waste of time. I would admit though that it could use one.

Alright, I've got some good news on these Whiteline Rear Endlinks. Whiteline has 5 sets in-stock. I've got a part # but I'm still waiting on pricing. As soon as I get it I will update the site with the info. It's taking a longtime but that's just the nature of these things.

Guys,
I've got the pricing & it's way better than I was anticipating. Try $102.95 for the pair less the board's discount. I was figuring it would be more around $136, so $102.95 is a great price. Order your set today as 1st batch qunatities are limited.

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned