The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

white smoke from the valvecover

turbophein

car is up and running sorta, lol

she is smoking out of the valvecover pretty good. it hasn't been started in at least 7 months but the white smoke is baffling me.

i researched and read it maybe busted ring lands or bad rings.

i will take a video today, it looks like a old school train puffing along. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

EDIT:

took it for a ride, it runs fine but is smoking from the exhaust after i let off from boosting... i'm thinking headgasket, or it could be a headgasket and my turbo seals blown... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

Street Surgeon

Need a new PCV?

turbophein

i don't think its that. there is a significant amount the valvecover. but i will check.

rgeier11

There shouldn't be any white smoke coming from your valve cover. I have no idea how it would have gotten there. If the turbo whines/has shaft play, it's bad. Maybe do a leak down test.

Diego

White smoke makes me get an image as I seen my turbo slowly go.... kapooot.

Let's hope its not turbo and something like bad valve cover gasket or something stupid....

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned