The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2 step vs anti-lag (video)

4thStroke

2 step at 5500RPM, anti-lag comes on at 5000RPM. Timing set to 10.1 degrees ATDC, fuel enrichment at 5%. 10psi with the 2 step, 20psi with the anti-lag.

Enjoy.

click

Last edited:

Nartanian

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Now hurry up and start breakin stuff!

raptorWagon

Spencer has already done that, he's trying not to break stuff so quickly right now. Drivetrain components get expensive real quick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

AnotherNewb

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I like breaking stuff

4thStroke

I enjoy it, too. But I don't enjoy pullin the wallet out for repairs.

The 20psi launch has been tempting, I just don;t think the stock center diff would take it too well. Maybe just once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

1qkfwd

Try using a higher timing. On my 40r I have the ALS set for 6750 with 20 degrees timing no fuel enrichment. I leave the line between 25-28 lbs. It's less violent on the exhaust wheel. Withou ALS I was only able to get 14lbs no mater how long I sat on the 2-step.

1qkfwd

20* atdc. And I'm gonna guess the op is using link since 10.1 adtc is the default setting.

1qkfwd

It will be less aggressive the higher you run the timing. You can probably get your 20lbs with the timing up more and it won't be as harsh. I had to mess with it a lil bit to get it how I wanted it.

4thStroke

Maybe I'll see if I can get it set up so I'm launching with an open wastegate, 25psi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Brianawd

Antilag on street tires just turnes them to smoke.

4thStroke

No way Brian, worn Goodyear Eagle GTs are going to hook like a mother on pavement, I have AWD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned